Jim Jones 'Quarantine Studios' platform partners w/ Amazon Web Services

Charlie

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's an undeniable success no matter how you slice the pie...:pachaha:

Amazon is a distribution hub for basically everything...

Capo just kicked down a MAJOR door:whew:
I definitely think its a good look. As far as it being a success tho. I don't see it. U can have the best product, best distribution in the world. If people don't buy that product, it's just a shiny looking failure.

Vinny Lupton

Superstar
Daps
I still don't understand what's proprietary about this no matter how many times I hear him explain it. Cloud storage, screen sharing, and group video calling?
The near-0 latency..your engineer can be in another city running your Pro Tools session from 1000 miles away

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still don't understand what's proprietary about this no matter how many times I hear him explain it. Cloud storage, screen sharing, and group video calling?

It's nothin new, nikkas been doin this in some form or other for years just without any real structure. I think it might work well for hiphop since so much of it is choppin up sounds electronically anyway.

Definitely an opportunity that could end up being pretty big if they get some tech guys fully onboard

Vinny Lupton

Superstar
Daps
And Jim Jones figured out how to eliminate latency? I've done remote work for so many years that I struggle to understand the breakthrough he's made. I want to though.
No, it's some program..I believe Drake and 40 use it too. Jones is just making content with it. Like tpain didn't invent autotune but he made albums and a style with it

critical_temp

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, it's some program..I believe Drake and 40 use it too. Jones is just making content with it. Like tpain didn't invent autotune but he made albums and a style with it
Oh ok. He's going around saying he figured it out. Do you know what program

Crumple

All Star
Daps
Nobody in this thread actually thought about it. They just see somebody teaming up wit amazon and they think success

I feel what you're saying.

Amazon web services started in 2002.

No disrespect to any of this but why specifically is everyone here so excited for Jim here? Is he getting $2 million?

If any of us use cloud storage or any Amazon web services you've essentially partnered up with them.

The power of branding. I buy Nikes I'm not Jordan tho.

What specifically is he doing that everyone here is so excited about. I just want to understand.

@critical_temp I don't get it either.

Jim Jones is a dope rapper tho.

Crumple

All Star
Daps
I'm wrong for not reading his original thread. He just made a post giving them thanks.

Alot of people here we're so excited - he's going to be mega successful off this - that's the vibe I was catching. And I got caught up.

Social media distracts me. I just want transparency and truth.

"Don't believe the hype" - Chuck D 1988

PUT IN WORK

The East
Daps
Reppin
The East
This is cool and I hope Jim Jones gets paid, but as a couple of people mentioned above producers have been doing this for a minute now. I guess it's the zoom aspect with multiple people in a session? Kendrick is in the studio calls Jay in NY and Ross Miami, they lay their verses and bam, albums comes out and its a classic. Very dope regardless.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
You have to respect Jim for still being relevant all these years.....

Makes that Funk Flex interview even more compelling
he lied in that interview, that being said Jim will always find a way to make a dollar