Jim Trotter Calls Out Stephen A. Smith

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I will continue to say that this buffoon, Stephen A Smith does not operate as a journalist. A journalist researches and comes in prepared before talking on the subject. He does not.
He stopped being a pure journalist after getting :camby: from ESPN the first time.

Dollar Always Wins....

Last edited:

krazykid18

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Both are wrong imo.. Stephen A is not wrong for his position on ESPN not really challenging Godell during the interview but he is wrong for then going on his podcast and discussing it and giving opinions if he knows he can't really be objective you just don't really dive into it..

and Trotter is wrong for even expecting people in the sports media world that work with NFL to even play fairgame, he has been inside the machine he knows how powerful the NFL is to tv and sports industry ... NFL is the only business that get's bigger every yr and in a dwindling tv market they are getting record breaking ratings and ad money, so Trotter should understand he needs allies even if they are compromised to some degree

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Both are wrong imo.. Stephen A is not wrong for his position on ESPN not really challenging Godell during the interview but he is wrong for then going on his podcast and discussing it and giving opinions if he knows he can't really be objective you just don't really dive into it..

and Trotter is wrong for even expecting people in the sports media world that work with NFL to even play fairgame, he has been inside the machine he knows how powerful the NFL is to tv and sports industry ... NFL is the only business that get's bigger every yr and in a dwindling tv market they are getting record breaking ratings and ad money, so Trotter should understand he needs allies even if they are compromised to some degree

A simple it's a conflict of interest so he can't discuss would suffice. We already you're a shill for your employer. It is what it is.

krazykid18

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A simple it's a conflict of interest so he can't discuss would suffice. We already you're a shill for your employer. It is what it is.

I agree with you 100% and this is where he gets himself in trouble when he wants to act like he has full autonomy to speak on things knowing he has relationship he has to protect.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I agree with you 100% and this is where he gets himself in trouble when he wants to act like he has full autonomy to speak on things knowing he has relationship he has to protect.
I don’t think he realizes yet that he doesn’t nor should cover every single topic in the world as even talk show hosts when and what topics to pick their battle on.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
I don't know many people that would pressure the leader of the partner of your employer on national TV on a current legal issue :yeshrug:
A lot of people like to sit on their couch and anonymously say this and that but wouldn't even tell their boss a fukking thing.

Other than that for his journalistic career, being on friendly terms with Goodell is probably a good idea. The only bad thing he did was mentioning it at all, if you're gonna mention it you gotta do it correct, instead you become a mouthpiece.

Edit, that is of course to the posters in here calling Stephen A a bunch of names not to the journalist.

Last edited: