Joe Biden Says It's Time to Fund the Police; Stop the Defunding Talk

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
It's obviously not socially popular, but its definitely politically popular. Defund the police hurt Dems badly in 2020 and the Rethugs successfully branded the whole party like that even when Biden repeatedly said he wanted to fund the police and seek different types of trainings and reforms on the 2020 campaign trail.

Ricky Fontaine

Superstar
Daps
I've actually never liked the term to be honest. It's too nuanced for the stupids.

I mean, Black people deserve to be PROTECTED by the police.

White people play dumb and black people like to play dumb along with them. :wow:

So you honestly think white people dont understand that defund the police means to stop state sanctioned violence against blacks?
Do you also believe that white people really believe "all lives matter:troll:"?

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
White people play dumb and black people like to play dumb along with them. :wow:

So you honestly think white people dont understand that defund the police means to stop state sanctioned violence against blacks?
Do you also believe that white people really believe "all lives matter:troll:"?

I think you DRASTICALLY overestimate the intelligence of the average american.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
i dont think yall are reading the temperature of the room.

Crime skyrocketed due to covid and many big cities were seeing spikes in crime.

Couple that with NYC electing a tough on crime mayor (who is a former cop). And even cities like Seattle are electing their most moderate mayor in years.

THis is a repeat of the 90s where the neo libs have to position themselves as tough on crime.

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
He’s trying to appeal to both parts of the country. It makes sense. He really doesn’t have a choice.

that is 100% bullshyt. No one was gonna even talk about police funding the next day.

INFLATION - RUSSIA - VOTING RIGHTS

Those are the ONLY TOPICS in the news cycle for the last 3 months. This was the ultimate fumble. He shouldn't have mentioned a 2020 election talking point.

Freedman

Choppers For Karate Nggas
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
i dont think yall are reading the temperature of the room.

Crime skyrocketed due to covid and many big cities were seeing spikes in crime.

Couple that with NYC electing a tough on crime mayor (who is a former cop). And even cities like Seattle are electing their most moderate mayor in years.

THis is a repeat of the 90s where the neo libs have to position themselves as tough on crime.
Is that going to actually help with the problem though :ld:I live in Louisiana one of the most conservative and "Tough On Crime" states in the Union. Think we have the largest per Capita Prison Population in the World. And In my Small town of 10k with a Republican local government in the last 2 weeks there's been 2 different Broad Day Double Murders, Both Unsolved. Hell a few months back a girl got shot 30+ times in her car down the street from a Police station and that's also unsolved.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Is that going to actually help with the problem though :ld:I live in Louisiana one of the most conservative and "Tough On Crime" states in the Union. Think we have the largest per Capita Prison Population in the World. And In my Small town of 10k with a Republican local government in the last 2 weeks there's been 2 different Broad Day Double Murders, Both Unsolved. Hell a few months back a girl got shot 30+ times in her car down the street from a Police station and that's also unsolved.

I think "TOUGH ON CRIME" by itself is a bad policy. If The Wire taught me anything, its that juking the stats just to make production is a bad strategy. I think the strategy lies somewhere in the middle of giving the cops proper resources, but encouraging a community based strategy that works side by side with a holistic community restoration initiative.

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
that is 100% bullshyt. No one was gonna even talk about police funding the next day.

INFLATION - RUSSIA - VOTING RIGHTS

Those are the ONLY TOPICS in the news cycle for the last 3 months. This was the ultimate fumble. He shouldn't have mentioned a 2020 election talking point.
You’re not a politician so of course you feel that way.

this Russia shyt will blow over and people will be focused on what he’s doing domestically by next month. This is a mid-term election year, he’s trying to get those Republican votes for his party.
Doesn’t mean I like it but its the way the cookie crumbles.

You post on the coli stop pretending like you know everything chief