Joey Bada$$ Talks New Album 'B4 Da $$', Turning Jay-Z Down, 1999/Summer Knights, Fashion & More

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I think so too. I don't see what negative thing can come by having a guy like Jay in your corner.
Roc Nation artists do relatively well for themselves.

Melanie Fiona, Shakira, Wale, Meek Mill, Santigold, Rihanna, J. Cole. Mustard just signed over there as well
The only person who ever had a problem with Roc Nation was M.I.A. and she's a different animal entirely.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
The only person who ever had a problem with Roc Nation was M.I.A. and she's a different animal entirely.

Yeah I just looked at their roster and it seems everybody has done well after signing or continued up on their trajectory. And the artists who ain't do well most likely wasn't going to do shyt elsewhere [Im talking about Bridgette Kelly here and if I recall she's been able to tour and she performed that Empire State of Mind as a stand in when A.Keys couldn't make it]

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
That nikka buggin for that..prolly never gonna get a chance like that again..he not hot enough in the streets to be turning down Jay Z n shyt..Cory Gunz is another example of a nikka who turned down deals wit nikkas like Eminem to sign with fukkin Tommy Matolla and his career been fukked ever since...

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn homie could have a buzz off being the only NY nikka Jay has ever signed besides Bleek.

• Dap
Reactions: ISO

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
I could imagine Jay's reaction "Ayo Bae I put an offer down for Joey BADA$$ and this little shyt turned ME down". :wtf: was he thinking :snoop: that nappy ass afro gotta go too :scusthov:

I fukks with dude, 1999 a classic mixtape IMO but I'm not fukking with his career decisions right now.

Oh hell nah his music is nothing like their music. What makes you say this?

Joey still tours and plays festivals. isn't he signed to some indie label? hes prob makin more in pocket right now than he would of on Dej Jam with a 360 deal raping him, trynna payback all the money they woulda spent on trying to make him pop and be some huge mainstream success hes not built to be. :manny:

Joey has no reason to sign to a major, imo.. he doesn't make the kind of catchy appealing accessible music most majors are interested in. I could just imagine him in the studio and someone like ":usure: okay, now time for a catchy radio joint or two" and he's just like ":ld:"

Last edited:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Summer Knights didn't have those 1999 bars, but the 90s-sounding production and

that kid Dessy saved the album from being a complete trainwreck. I still feel the potential of

the kid getting scoop up by Nasir, would be do wonders for NYC's non-existent Hip-Hop:ld:

Last edited: