John Leguizamo highlights the untold contributions of Latinos to American History :mjpls:

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
Well, specifically in Mexican Texas, they had a vested interest in turning black American slaves into allies. Slavery had been outlawed in Mexico, and the Anglo empresarios who moved into Texas and became Mexican citizens weren’t allowed to keep slaves if per the Mexican government. There were Mexican troops who got into skirmishes with pro-slavery Southern Anglo settlers over the dispute of slavery. The Mexican government would harbor Black American slaves who made it across the border from Louisiana into what was at the time Mexican Texas. And the anglos would have a fit about Mexico harboring black slaves who the anglos saw as fugitives.

:manny:

i already negged him with "latinos did free slaves" before i read your post

those posses of freed slaves were one of the dopest reads i ever had

born in blood and fire a concise history on latin america one of the best books u can read

author thoroughly combs thru the roots of africa and the slave trades before trans atlantic

when in the video did he slight black people though? The war comment?

just some latin dude, talking up his latin people.

just like we talk up our people...Am I missing something here?

fake militant posters have race wars on here daily. many are grifters and trolls but some are genuine wit hate

unfortunatley those are the ones who are the least well read

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I've never seen this before but:mjlol: Son was/is claiming groups/people that existed before HIS people were an actual ethnicity and grew out of a hybrid of said people. Amerindians who were in the Americas already, ARE NOT latinos (tainos weren't puerto ricans and aztecs were not mexicans but they're part of the ancestry of those respective MODERN groups). Same for continental Spaniards/conquistadors who are Europeans. That would be like ADOS saying

9781098705848.jpg

Was ADOS because of shared mande ancestry via new world slavery:mjlol:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Dude thinks he is slick. He is mixing in the indigenous peoples and the Spaniards and their descendents who would later rule Latin America. Counting indigenous people as Latino or Latin X.

Literally claiming "both sides".

I bet most of those people he mentioned didn't identify as "hispanic" or Latino.

BINGO!

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Well this applies to people that identify as ADOS and FBA. We are not native to North America :scust:. All this shyt is who's more indoctrinated by cacs.

ADOS as a group/ethnicity ARE native to the USA; their African ancestors as distinct INDIVIDUAL tribal groups, weren't

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
get mad all you want but you cant irrefutable history and facts

I can even articulate the point in the opposite direction where places didnt have that happen

I'll wait for you to provide evidence history is wrong. Its half the reason "spanish" people believe they are white in the first place
they either pretend they are completely spanish, or they see themselves as native to where they are from but european influenced
if I'm wrong feel free to tell me how you feel from your POV

"Spanish" people crying all the time but its not inclusive to just yall, black people to a smaller percent do the same c00n shyt

I even gave the asian example, nobody looks at the Philippines and acts like they are Spanish besides themselves

Gotta just start saying "we got conquered so now we are mixed" instead of being conveniently white, or native depending on how the situation goes for you.
It gets clownish because "white people" dont consider anyone "european" besides full blood europeans :bryan: I think they call that "the nikka wake up call" :youngsabo:

you think Bob Marley, with a British father part European was really considered "European" by any white person ever? :francis::mjlol: and that's actual blood... imagine claiming europe just because they dominated and destroyed your culture hundreds of years prior, and you have no actual relation besides what they left over centuries ago :hhh:

you think Vietnamese people speak french? or they were like "nah fukk all this cracker bullshyt" .... even if they did sell out and adopt speaking french, that wouldnt automatically make them suddenly French people
The social systems in the Spanish speaking Americas are over 500 years old now. Older than the English speaking systems, and developed under a different religious and legal system.
I'm sure you're aware of how history, the plantation system, laws and the recognition of racial categories developed in THIS country. Wasn't the same way in Latin America. Plenty of more race and culture mixing in those 500 years in those former colonies of Spain. Individuals from those countries and those systems may have different takes about heritage and culture.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
It’s because they think Native Americans were a monolith when Native Americans on the East Coast had no idea what Tenochtitlan was.

Even Tenochtitlan isn't/wasn't "Latino":

slide_4.jpg

Latinos are hybrid offspring of the enslavers (continental euros), the conquered (amerindians) and the enslaved (africans); the culture of those 3 groups prior to being hybridized in the Americas WAS NOT LATINO HISTORY or CULTURE

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:shaq:
I've never seen this before but:mjlol: Son was/is claiming groups/people that existed before HIS people were an actual ethnicity and grew out of a hybrid of said people. Amerindians who were in the Americas already, ARE NOT latinos (tainos weren't puerto ricans and aztecs were not mexicans but they're part of the ancestry of those respective MODERN groups). Same for continental Spaniards/conquistadors who are Europeans. That would be like ADOS saying

9781098705848.jpg

Was ADOS because of shared mande ancestry via new world slavery:mjlol:

Cut the shyt. He made it clear he is a descendant if both Amerindians and Spaniards.

Just like most black people connect with African history.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Cut the shyt. He made it clear he is a descendant if both Amerindians and Spaniards.

Yeah, he knows the general history and makeup of his country of origin and his family. His comedy has always reflected that (except when he was false flagging PR)

But, if he didn't know specifically before, he knows now

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
:shaq:

He is that but those people's history prior to producing hybrid/creolized culture & descendants, DOES NOT belong to Latino history; which, Leguizamo is clearly doing in that interview (says latinos been here because of amerindian ancestry even though, those same amerindians existed before euros even knew what a north america even was, to later make it possible to give birth to modern latin americans. This is ass backwards logic on his part)

that's not the same thing as taking a new ethnic entity (new world creolization) out of its proper historic frame of reference

53ab4194-48a7-4e3f-b0dc-234b1bd90c16-020819-slave-map_Online1_copy.png

latin-american-colonial-society_orig.jpg

and putting them into a time that they didn't exist! (old world homogenous groups)

Spanish+Conquistadors.jpg

Again, there is a reason (based in obvious logic) that this is ancient West African history

Three+Kingdom+Map+western+sudan+mali+songhai+ghana+timbuktu.jpg

and not AfroAmerican history

400_years_poster.jpg

even while sharing genetic/ancestral links

no one would include John Legend as a part of Fulani history even though he descends from them, for obvious reasons

Screen+Shot+2012-05-14+at+9.51.35+PM.png

for the same reasons, you wouldn't call Montezuma (amerindian) and Cortez (europeon), latinos

61koepnSPTL._SY498_BO1204203200_.jpg