John Oliver says his parody Pence rabbit book has sold out

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
BY JACQUELINE THOMSEN - 03/20/18 08:12 PM EDT 230

John Oliver’s satire book about Vice President Pence’s family rabbit has sold out, the late night host said Tuesday.

Oliver said his "Last Week Tonight with John Oliver Presents a Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo” proved to be more popular than he anticipated. The book has sold out in the days since it was announced on his show Sunday night, Oliver told Ellen DeGeneres.

"We were not anticipating people really buying it,” Oliver said. "But they're doing a reprint, so you can still buy it. It'll take a few weeks."

The book parodies the Pence family’s own book about their pet rabbit, Marlon Bundo. That book is titled "Marlon Bundo's A Day in the Life of the Vice President.”

However, the rabbit in Oliver’s book is gay. Pence was criticized for his stance on LGBT issues when he was governor of Indiana.

Oliver’s book is No. 1 on the Amazon best-sellers list as of Tuesday night. The Pence family’s book is at No. 4 on the chart.

Pence’s daughter, Charlotte, said Tuesday that she is “all for” Oliver’s book.

“I think imitation is the most sincere form of flattery in a way,” Pence saidduring an interview with Fox Business Network's Maria Bartiromo Tuesday.

“But in all seriousness, his book is contributing to charities that I think we can all get behind. We have two books that are giving to charities that are both about bunnies, so I’m all for it, really,” she continued.

Proceeds from the Pences’ book are going to Tracy’s Kids, a group that offers art therapy to young cancer patients.

Funds from Oliver’s book will be donated to AIDS United, a group dedicated to ending the AIDS epidemic in the U.S., and the Trevor Project, a suicide prevention organization that provides support to young LGBT community members.

:wow:

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
The thing I don’t like about this is Pence didn’t write the book, I think his wife did. I don’t think you should ever take shots at political family members unless they’re in the game too.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
The thing I don’t like about this is Pence didn’t write the book, I think his wife did. I don’t think you should ever take shots at political family members unless they’re in the game too.

This just means that wife is OK with everything Pence stands for, as Jon Oliver said the tour for that book was stopping at that 'focus on the family' foundation which is into the gay conversion therapy shyt.

Fukk her :camby:

BoBurnz

Superstar
Daps
She champions that "reparative therapy" nonsense just like her Husband, she campaigns for Focus on the Family just as much so she can sit and spin. :hubie:

I don't care what they are trying to package themselves now that Dobson is gone. I remember all the nonsense they were peddling in the early 00's, shyt was vile.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW

Right...because...his wife is opposed to all his weirdo ass views...so yeah...she shouldn't be dragged into this..:yeahok: