Jorge Masvidal fractured Colby Covington’s tooth in alleged street attack

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
That flying knee was all he really did.. That's all it takes for Dana White sometimes. Just like Derrick Lewis really ain't no damn good but those knockouts sure get a lot of views
Yeah the thing was Masvidal was a journeyman gatekeeper before that flying knee against Askren.

Dana, Joe Rogan, and so many MAGA's were seriously hyping up Askren before his fight with Masivdal. They were doing everything to make him a household name and the next big thing after his win over Robbie Lawler where he(askren) almost got knocked out.

Masvidal killed his hype with that flying knee, got a UFC video game cover, more fan fare, and two fights with Usman. Its all about money and he's a big draw for whatever reason. But now he's basically back to being what he always which is a journeyman gatekeeper.

Derrick Lewis is the same way, some good knockouts, no workout discipline, and now that jaw is getting softer and getting beat up a lot. He will never be a champion either.

Both guys are exciting when they fight but I find lewis way more disappointing. Masivdal has maximized his career for never being a champion.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Yeah the thing was Masvidal was a journeyman gatekeeper before that flying knee against Askren.

Dana, Joe Rogan, and so many MAGA's were seriously hyping up Askren before his fight with Masivdal. They were doing everything to make him a household name and the next big thing after his win over Robbie Lawler where he(askren) almost got knocked out.

Masvidal killed his hype with that flying knee, got a UFC video game cover, more fan fare, and two fights with Usman. Its all about money and he's a big draw for whatever reason. But now he's basically back to being what he always which is a journeyman gatekeeper.

Derrick Lewis is the same way, some good knockouts, no workout discipline, and now that jaw is getting softer and getting beat up a lot. He will never be a champion either.

Both guys are exciting when they fight but I find lewis way more disappointing. Masivdal has maximized his career for never being a champion.
Very well put....

Reading that makes me really think of them as OG UFC fighters. UFC 1 types. They barely can do shyt else but stand up and bang, and really can't do that with the elite standup guys either. But you give them some cans and mid level guys, and they'll get you a KO in the most exciting of fashion.

I think it's pretty much a wrap for both.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
How is anyone taking masvidal side:stopitslime:

He talked all that shyt before the fight. You had 5 rounds to do damage and got dominated. Then come around and sucker punch people:gucci:

This guy is a clown gatekeeper that got hyped off one knee. fukk him.
I do feel the sucker punch was some lame shyt. I'm not so much taking his side but pointing out, anything is fair game after you speak on someone's kids.

Let's just recap exactly what Colby said.. And not even to Jorge, said it in an interview:

“What I say to that Michael is words (and) actions. If you didn’t have these actions I wouldn’t be able to have anything to talk about if he wasn’t a deadbeat dad, he doesn’t even talk to his kids. He’s tried to erase the mother of his children and his wife still legally on paper – Marisa Masvidal from the history of the internet.

“He scrubbed her clean. Oh, the only person that says that’s the wife of his kids is his manager’s sister now. How demonic is that? That’s so despicable. It’s disgusting Michael. And if he didn’t have these actions I wouldn’t have anything to say.”

To which Covington responded by denying to sort things out with Masvidal. “With Jorge there’s no going back.” He also alleged “This guy’s a thief, he’s a criminal. He’s done so many people wrong not just myself, he’s backstabbed so many people that are close to me. His family, his relatives, his mom, his own mother he didn’t even talk about his mom because he threw her under the bus like the guy’s piece of s**t. So everybody wants to see him burn.

This man talking about his entire family.. MY MAMA nikka :damn:

Lucky he didn't have some goons stomp him out and/or pop him. People have got done a lot worse for talking like that.

Gangstar8

All Star
Daps
I do feel the sucker punch was some lame shyt. I'm not so much taking his side but pointing out, anything is fair game after you speak on someone's kids.

Let's just recap exactly what Colby said.. And not even to Jorge, said it in an interview:

“What I say to that Michael is words (and) actions. If you didn’t have these actions I wouldn’t be able to have anything to talk about if he wasn’t a deadbeat dad, he doesn’t even talk to his kids. He’s tried to erase the mother of his children and his wife still legally on paper – Marisa Masvidal from the history of the internet.

“He scrubbed her clean. Oh, the only person that says that’s the wife of his kids is his manager’s sister now. How demonic is that? That’s so despicable. It’s disgusting Michael. And if he didn’t have these actions I wouldn’t have anything to say.”

To which Covington responded by denying to sort things out with Masvidal. “With Jorge there’s no going back.” He also alleged “This guy’s a thief, he’s a criminal. He’s done so many people wrong not just myself, he’s backstabbed so many people that are close to me. His family, his relatives, his mom, his own mother he didn’t even talk about his mom because he threw her under the bus like the guy’s piece of s**t. So everybody wants to see him burn.

This man talking about his entire family.. MY MAMA nikka :damn:

Lucky he didn't have some goons stomp him out and/or pop him. People have got done a lot worse for talking like that.

They go way back. . The woman paid their bills while they were struggling. Colby is defending her honor. Probably more of a father to georges kids than Goerge.

profound

technique
Daps

If you are stronger than someone inside the octagon, it does not mean you can insult his children. No one has the right to insult someone’s family. Once you have gone down that path, then be ready to back up your words. You were attacked by professional fighter, the same as you are, your own size, and you go press charges against him to the police? I think all welterweights should refuse to fight Colby, just don’t accept fights with him, let him sit without a fight, it will probably significantly affect him and all fighters who even think of insulting families, who is provoking the fighters to look for someone in restaurants to deal with him.

Last edited:

profound

technique
Daps
They already squared up in the octagon :mindblown:

colby's first strike was dirty and it set up all the wrestling

pjimage-5-2.jpg