Jose Aldo doesn't think Holloway is a 'complete fighter,' but considers him 'dangerous'

CEITEDMOFO

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
usa_today_9377477.0.jpg

The UFC featherweight champion, Jose Aldo, recently analyzed his fight with interim champion, Max Holloway for the first time since the bout was officially announced. Although Holloway currently rides a ten-fight winning streak, Aldo doesn't see him as a complete fighter, though he recognizes the threat Holloway presents.

"He's a tall guy, but I have good reach, too," Aldo told Combate. "It's no trouble, it's only a few centimeters. He has an advantage being taller than me, but I don't see him being an expert anywhere. He's a kickboxer, he's versatile there, but his jiu-jitsu is so-so. He's not a complete fighter, but he's aggressive and dangerous."

Holloway became the interim featherweight champion when he defeated Anthony Pettis by TKO at UFC 206, in December 2016. There was some discussion of the two men meeting at the recent UFC 208 card, but that didn’t come to fruition.

Jose Aldo will meet Max Holloway to unify the featherweight title in the main event of UFC 212, in his hometown of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on June 3.

Aldo: Holloway isn’t a 'complete fighter,' but still dangerous