Journey from 250 to 200 lbs before 2017 (log)

Fani Willis fan

Man What
Daps
not to be a woman, but you could probably get to your goal halfway quicker if you got rid of most of those carbs

MrPentatonic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Almost forgot will pull up today lol

not to be a woman, but you could probably get to your goal halfway quicker if you got rid of most of those carbs

Im thinking about adjusting my macros as most of what I eat is probably carbs but in the past all it took was low calories, consistent excercise & a protein shake.

MrPentatonic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Week 03 Report.

Diet:
Starting to form bad habits here lol. Was poor this week too ngl, being busy didnt help but I should have planned for this. From today I went out and bought stuff to cook in 3-4 days advance so I have no excuse to eat outside for dinner. Need to take it seriously. On the plus side, my breakfasts are cool, pretty much oats with semi skimmed milk everyday ever since I have been trying to lose weight. My evening meals holding me back.

Food plan for this week.

Breakfast:
Oats
Semi Skimmed Milk
+ Chopped Banana
(Approx. 400 Cals)

Dinner
King Prawn Fried rice (very light on the oil) (750 Cals Approx.?)
Steamed Veg. (Is it worth counting lol)
Roasted Chicken Drumstick x 2 (250 Cals Approx.)
(Approx. 1000 Cals)

Im gonna cut my limit to 1500. Atleast if im overestimating my calories 1500 is pretty safe. When I had it at 1800 it gave me a leeway to fukk around too much. 2 meals a day works best for me too.

fec3431c68.jpg

Cardio:
I hit the jump rope on Tuesday , Thrusday, Saturday & Sunday.15 rounds x 3:30 secs with 30 seconds rests. I may buy a speed rope soon but because Im skipping on concrete, it might wear down the rope way to quick. I used to bring a welcome mat to skip on before to save the jump rope from wearing away ( couple hours a week on concrete can wear the pvc rope down quite fast.)

Since today (monday, since this is a late report) Im gonna hit it half an hour on my lifting days (mon/wed/fri) instead of the full hour. That leaves me with enough energy to do my gym shyt adequately.

4:30 Hours of cardio a week is my new plan.

Strength Training:
Slow progress but I'll trust in the program. Weight increase by 2.5 kg each successful workout. when I hit all 10 reps for each set then I increase the weight.

A/B 3 Day Split:
A / B / A = Mon/Wed/Fri
B / A / B = Mon/Wed/Fri

In metric:
B Day
Dead-lift: 3 Sets x 10 / 57.5 kg
Lateral Pull-down: 3 Sets x 10 / 45 kg
Overhead Dumbbell Press: 3 Sets x 10 / 14 kg
Cable Crunch: 2 Sets /////
Dumbbell Curls: 3 Sets /////

A Day
Barbell Squats: 3 x 10 / 22.5 kg
Flat Barbell Bench Press: 3 x 10 / 17.5 kg
T Bar Row: 1 x 10 / 27.5 kg
1 x 9 / 27.5 kg
1 x 7 / 27 kg

V-Bar Push Down: 2 x 10 / 41 kg
Barbell Calf Raise: 2 x 10 / 26 kg

B Day
Dead-lift: 3 x 10 / 60 kg
Lateral Pull-down: 2 x 10 / 50 kg
1 x 8 / 50 kg

Overhead Dumbbell Press: 3 x 10 / 15 kg
Cable Crunch: 2 Sets ////////
Dumbbell Curls: 1 x 12 / 10kg

////// = I skipped.

Self Evaluation:
The Good: I stuck to my training mostly. Done the minimum cardio I set out to do. Planned my meals.
The Bad: pretty much fukked up my diet this week. Gotta sort it out because that has been my weakpoint the whole month

What to improve next week:
+Do ALL exercises.
+Note food eaten daily (visual representation of calories in graph form courtesy of the LoseIt app for more interesting, colorful data). Making notes and records makes you more transparent and accountable to yourself!

Feedback appreciated!

MrPentatonic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn I actually missed out 2 whole months smh lol Week 11 Report this Sunday. I'm still at it.

I've cut down on the cardio a lil bit but I've never missed a gym day since. Been relaxed with my diet but portioning my food has really changed my life. . Clothes all fit looser and the weight still dropping off but body dysmorphia got me going crazy sometimes lol. Everyday I look in the mirror and its a different weighted person looking back, depends on my mood I think.

My strength has jumped up alot too, Ill post my stats up on sunday

Last edited:

MrPentatonic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
209 lbs.

Ain't posted much but haven't forgot about fitness. Slow progress better than no progress. & Im actually keeping the weight off instead of wild fluctuations lol.

Next goal is 180lbs range then I'll enjoy being slim then start putting on muscle.

Before 2019 lol

areohbee824

Superstar
Daps
Keep it going bro, I was 210 for a while, just got to 180. I need to start lifting tho, been going hard on the cardio and bike

MrPentatonic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Keep it going bro, I was 210 for a while, just got to 180. I need to start lifting tho, been going hard on the cardio and bike

Haven't been lifting as I caught a back injury which put me out of gym for around 3 months and I got a health problem that put me out for around 6 months. Just been dieting as it's the only thing I can do until I get better. It's only recently I can walk again through Gods grace.

I