just finished watchin' straight outta compton

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
I loved it, saw it at the cinema. You have to remember it is a MOVIE not a documentary. Yeah some things are changed or the timeline isn't exactly right or some people aren't there but overall I thought it was a great movie. I'm not saying it's perfect and I'm not saying it should be winning all kinds of oscars but as a movie I think it was done very well when you look at the shyt they're gonna pull with this Pac movie coming up.

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
I loved it, saw it at the cinema. You have to remember it is a MOVIE not a documentary. Yeah some things are changed or the timeline isn't exactly right or some people aren't there but overall I thought it was a great movie. I'm not saying it's perfect and I'm not saying it should be winning all kinds of oscars but as a movie I think it was done very well when you look at the shyt they're gonna pull with this Pac movie coming up.

it wasn't flat out horrible but it wasn't all that either. a vh1 movie at best :manny:

kinda like the vh1 tlc story :ehh:

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
it wasn't flat out horrible but it wasn't all that either. a vh1 movie at best :manny:

kinda like the vh1 tlc story :ehh:

Nah go back and watch the old Hammer movie with that dude from 40 YO Virgin in it. A lot of people are hatin on SOC because it's not 100% accurate but no biopic is that accurate.

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
Nah go back and watch the old Hammer movie with that dude from 40 YO Virgin in it. A lot of people are hatin on SOC because it's not 100% accurate but no biopic is that accurate.

oh that hammer movie was faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar worse, lol
a huge part of the problem was the "hollywood treatment" it got and w/ straight outta compton, the actin' was OK at best

it wasn't horrible actin' at all but it wasn't impressive to me. just felt underwhelmin'

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
saw it when it dropped in the theater a couple times, overall solid film despite the poetic license. Acting was on point, first half > second half of the film though. Second half felt rushed once they started the breakup/DR parts.

and the whole zooming into Dre when he announces Aftermath is still :heh: and of course Dre being :cape: on them goons