Just Passed the CISSP new CAT test...Ask Me Anything

soulfuljah

All Star
Daps
Didn't even see this thread. Congrat on the pass. :salute:
After I take this GIAC exam, I'm really debating on whether to take my CISSP or my CCIE Security.

*CISSP - Will take less time but I'll be paying for it up front (even though it will be reimbursed)
*CCIE Security - The time it will take to study for both the written and the lab, but it will cost me basically nothing to take and I get racks just for passing.

:jbhmm:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Didn't even see this thread. Congrat on the pass. :salute:
After I take this GIAC exam, I'm really debating on whether to take my CISSP or my CCIE Security.

*CISSP - Will take less time but I'll be paying for it up front (even though it will be reimbursed)
*CCIE Security - The time it will take to study for both the written and the lab, but it will cost me basically nothing to take and I get racks just for passing.

:jbhmm:
should be a no brainer go with CCIE.
You command your salary with that.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
@David_TheMan is it worth it to take cissp exam before you have the years of experience in the required domains? I read you get an associate of isc2 until you get that experience.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
@David_TheMan is it worth it to take cissp exam before you have the years of experience in the required domains? I read you get an associate of isc2 until you get that experience.
Yeah its worth it. You are effectively a full cissp in the eyes of the us govt, plus its lower cost to recertify as you gain experience.

I see no downsides to it at all.