Just watched "BvS" for the first time.

WakandanPride

Realest Negus Alive
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Now let me start off by saying that I held off on seeing the movie. After the reviews came in, I figured it would be a waste of time. However, I gave in and watched it last night and this is my opinion on it.

This film is ambitious in what it was trying to accomplish, but it was a huge ass pretentious mess. Zack Snyder can craft some pretty visuals, but the man has the depth and subtlety of a kiddie pool. All of his "symbolism" and "imagery" don't mean anything if it contributes nothing of substance to the story. Not to mention the contrived and forced "Superman is Jesus" shyt and the Martha moment.

Despite liking Affleck's portrayal of Batman, he was one of the dumbest characters who is driven by idiotic emotions throughout the whole film.

It goes to show that just because a film is dark in tone, doesn't make it mature or deep. Zack Snyder injected his own immature brand of philosophy through these characters, instead of letting the characters speak through him. What I mean by that is he is using the characters as a mouthpiece for what he thinks a superhero movie should be. He's so indulgent to a fault.

I give it a 3/10
:yeshrug::trash::ld:

Last edited:

Brehcepticon

Adeptus Brehstartes
Supporter
Daps
Now let me start off by saying that I held off on seeing the movie. After the reviews came in, I figured it would be a waste of time. However, I gave in and watched it last night and this is my opinion on it.

This film is ambitious in what it was trying to accomplish, but it was a huge ass pretentious mess. Zack Snyder can craft some pretty visuals, but the man has the depth and subtlety of a kiddie pool. All of his "symbolism" and "imagery" don't mean anything if it contributes nothing of substance to the story. Not to mention the contrived and forced "Superman is Jesus" shyt and the Martha moment.

Despite liking Affleck's portrayal of Batman, he was one of the dumbest characters who is driven by idiotic emotions throughout the whole film.

It goes to show that just because a film is dark in tone, doesn't make it mature or deep. Zack Snyder injected his own immature brand of philosophy through these characters, instead of letting them speak through him.

I give it a 3/10
That's one of the problems with a Batman vs Superman story. One of the two is going to act very out of character and with the movie it happened to be both. Superman was on some ":sadcam: The world doesn't deserve me" shyt and Bats was :demonic: until the halfway through the third act.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

It goes to show that just because a film is dark in tone, doesn't make it mature or deep. Zack Snyder injected his own immature brand of philosophy through these characters, instead of letting them speak through him.

I give it a 3/10
I said 3.5/10 but basically my review is similar except I added attempts at building a bigger universe were atrocious. Especially the Flash cameo.

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills

I enjoyed it tbh. Liked the visuals and action, didn't care about the tone. Also you're gonna have to rewrite the bolded cos it's nonsensical to me

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The film worked for me:manny:

As long as I think it, at the very least, will work in the comics I'm fine with it in live action or animation.

Bruce already got a list of mental illnesses and his only medication is fighting crime and not really stopping it. Add Robin dying and many years of his mental health going unchecked, and you get a Batman you saw in BvS
At least, that is how I see it

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
First time I watched it, I hated it. But then I watched Man of Steel and rewatched it and I appreciated it a bit more.
The first 40 minutes of the movie make no sense whatsoever if you havnt seen Man of Steel.
Jesse Eisenberg is one of the worst miscasts in CBM history. What were they thinking when he auditioned for that role? Hes HORRIBLE.
Everytime he was on the screen I just wanted to backhand him.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The movie is a fukking mess. From Eisenberg to psycho Bats, and emo Supes. I hate Snyder's Murderverse

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Movie starts good, Then there's an hour, hour 15 of boring bad writing and storylines.

Movie gets good after they fight eachother and I still really like the doomsday fight. Very epic.