KALI LINUX experience ??? share learn teach !!!!

Scuti

Superstar
Daps
just used it for the first time monday for a class i have
some of the tools on there are powerful :merchant:
my prof said that we have to do all our hacking on a private LAN to each other. If we do any hacking while on the school network we could get sued/go to jail :merchant:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
From what I've read its not the OS thats special, its linux kernal its the preloaded programs which you can get on any distro.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Arch Linux and/or Gentoo > * if you want to actually learn Linux Internals IMO.

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Downloaded... For my own purposes.

Someone's gonna really have to show me how you crack a WPA2-AES SSID with a complex password without being on the network in the first place.

Spin

All Star
Daps
I want to know your experience with this OS what are the capabilities are there known hacks performed with this OS ? (beside MR Robot)

Who of y'all used kali linux ?

where did you used it for ?

cool hacks ?

link

Kali Linux | Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking Linux Distribution

This is for learning purposes only folks

:sas1:

Any of you getting into pen testing or just messing around with it? I'm studying for a few certs and learning about linux and programming at the same time.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Any of you getting into pen testing or just messing around with it? I'm studying for a few certs and learning about linux and programming at the same time.
best thing to do with linux is create a partition and use it as your base OS.
I switched to Linux 10 years ago now I use it for all my OSs, one of the best things I ever did.
Even if you use GUI you will start to learn more about system processes, installation, and things most people aren't familiar with.
Just make sure you pick a linux family that has a enterprise package, I would suggest something in the Red Hat family like CentOS or ClearOs

Daps
Reppin
Amsterdam, Nederland
if yu want to crack any wifi target you need a external wifi router with monitor mode otherwise you can
Downloaded... For my own purposes.

Someone's gonna really have to show me how you crack a WPA2-AES SSID with a complex password without being on the network in the first place.

To hack the ssid you alway need to connect to the target but you also need a external wifi router i coped on on ebay

You need one that has a monitor mode option

tp-link-tl-wn722n-150mbps-high-gain-wireless-n-usb-adapter-kitkit85-1310-09-kitkit85@2.jpg

Wifite : Hacking Wifi The Easy Way : Kali Linux - Kali Linux Hacking Tutorials