Kanye can never quit music due to an awful contract

brickflair

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Kanye West Is Contractually Barred from Retiring

"You (Mr. West) hereby represent and warrant that to [EMI] that You will, throughout the Term as extended by this Modification, remain actively involved in writing, recording and producing Compositions and Major Label Albums, as Your principle occupation. At no time during the Term will you seek to retire as a songwriter, recording artist or producer or take any extended hiatus during which you are not actively pursuing Your musical career in the same basic manner as You have pursued such career to date. (The preceding representation shall not be deemed to prevent You from taking a vacation of limited duration.)"

Another multi platinum rapper trapped and cant retire :wow:

FREE KANYE :mjcry:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
mEzR4YE.gif

brickflair

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
:picard: You guys should read the whole article he literally signed his life away. That quote by OP doesn’t do this justice.

:hhh: I didn’t even know contracts could get so grimey.
This fr some shyt that might cause him to kill himself if it cant be handled legally, hes had this contract before college dropout smh

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
Somebody explain to me what EMI does? He was already signed to a label, why did he have to sign to EMI? This shyt is confusing to me.

EMI has a significant part of Kanye's catalog in which he signed a clause requring him to continue contributing until the obligations are deemed fulfilled.....

They were once a major label (the big 4...sony, warner..universal..emi) but they folded thier music recording division several years ago and just solely concentrate as a publishing/catalog firm....

this contract is so oppressive he can't even do a buyout ... :snoop:

West inked his deal with the company in 2003 and wants a judge to terminate it in 2010, which would make the contract a seven-year agreement. According to Ye, any contract that goes beyond the seven year point is considered “servitude” in California and should be voided.

The 41-year-old actually tried to buy himself out of his EMI contact in October 2018, which he talked about on social media. He also called out the then current and future CEOs of EMI’s parent company, Sony/ATV, Jon Platt and Marty Bandier.

“I went to go buy my publishing from Sony/ATV, and they said it was $8 million, $9 million,” he stated. “And went I went to buy it, they told me no. I couldn’t buy my publishing. It’s like the control.”

“I got the money,” he added. “So, big Jon, Marty, whoever is involved. I need my publishing. I got the money. I’m not gonna say the S-word. I’m not Prince. I don’t need to write it on my face.”
source: TMZ

seems like BIG BROTHER got the last laugh :troll:

jay z & jon platt

68966bd93f469200a34d0d0fae10572a

Last edited: