TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
Thats Yall Boy:francis:

kanye-west-adidas-F.jpg

http://www.style.com/trends/fashion/2015/kanye-west-adidas-originals-interview

There was that article in The New York Times at the weekend that talked about the lack of diversity in fashion, that there are not many black designers in fashion. Is that something that you think about?

Racism and the focus on racism is a distraction to humanity. It would be like focusing on the cousin from your mom’s side versus the cousin on your dad’s side. We’re all cousins. We’re all the same race. To even focus on the concept of race, it’s like—perhaps people give me an extra cookie for the fact that my color palette is so controlled and I’m black. When someone that’s like, racist, comes up to me at A.P.C. and says, “I thought it would be a bunch of animals on your shirts,” because they heard that I rapped. But it just makes the journey interesting. We came into a broken world. And we’re the cleanup crew. And we’re only cleaning up by helping each other.

I’ve got to ask you just one more question. Did you see the controversy over the last A.P.C. collection from Jean Touitou, where he referenced “In Paris” and he used the N-word in his presentation?

Racism is a distraction to humanity. Jean Touitou is one of the most humane people I know. Jean Touitou had my family have dinner with him every time we came to Paris. And there are a lot of people who own fashion companies who didn’t.

Last edited:

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Real talk Kanye has to be the most confused and hypocritical rapper in history. The only reason why hes so conflicted is b/c he wants to be accpted by White America soo bad. When everything is working well for him he preeches this "colour blind unity" bs, but when white america rejects him (ie his fashion dreams) he turns into some Malcolm x wanabee yapping about "butbut its us vs them". nikka is a herb.

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
In a perfect world race wouldn't matter. But on this rock we call earth, it absolutely does. If it didn't, blacks wouldn't face disproportionate discrimination in the justice system, housing, education, economic upward mobility, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. When alot of these black celebs open their mouths on race issues, they sound out of touch and naive. Sometimes it's better to be silent than to open your mouth and make yourself look stupid.