Kanye West (The Rapper) vs. Kanye West (The Producer)

Kanye West (The Rapper) vs. Kanye West (The Producer)

• Kanye West (The Rapper)

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Kanye West (The Producer)

Votes: 25 96.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ricky43

Whats up
Daps
Reppin
Gentrification City
This is a question that has been messing with me, so I hit up the experts to see what they think since i know they will be more knowledgeable than most, if I need examples then this poll not for you, plus I'm high as hell right now.

Who had a better run

the producer of "Guess Whos Back" and "Lucifer"

or

The man whos album MBDTF was met with plenty of critical acclaim.

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
Ye as a producer > Ye as a rapper

Ye as a rapper is Puffy version 2.0

But honestly, if you compare Kanye to producers who he looked up to in the 90's, his work is pale in comparison. He stood out cause the 2000's was a wack and watered down era. Don't get me wrong, he was good but you compare Kanye to a RZA, Premier, DJ Quik, Dr. Dre, Large Professor, Pete Rock and Dilla, he's nowhere near those guys.

Ricky43

Whats up
Daps
Reppin
Gentrification City
I think Kanye as a Producer might be a bit underrated. He gave Common a classic album, made Lil Kim listenable with “came back for you” , gave Jay endless classics, Ludacris, Cam, Nas, Scarface, Alicia Keys

I think that “I see now” verse with LB was fire though

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Kanye as a Producer might be a bit underrated. He gave Common a classic album, made Lil Kim listenable with “came back for you” , gave Jay endless classics, Ludacris, Cam, Nas, Scarface, Alicia Keys

I think that “I see now” verse with LB was fire though

Kim has better songs with better beats than that. One of the best songs on La Bella Mafia though.