Karim Mayfield: Dulorme Didnt Want To Fight. He Wanted To Hold All Night

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
KARIM MAYFIELD: "HE'S SUPPOSED TO COME TO FIGHT...HE SHOULD'VE BEEN DISQUALIFIED WITH 67 HOLDS"
By Percy Crawford | April 10, 2014
karimmayfield.jpg

PC: Obviously the fight with Thomas Dulorme didn't go as planned. What do you think about the fight?

KM: I was finally able to sit down and watch it and evaluate things; I think the fight, in general, was kind of a weak fight. I think we could have definitely made a more explosive fight with our styles. They say I used to be holding on or smothering my punches and kind of crowding myself, but as you can see from this fight, I came with a whole different game plan, and his game plan was to hit and hold. Obviously the game plan worked. It's not too much I can say because he came up with the victory, but for the most part, I got a few text messages that said I was held 67 times, man, and that's ridiculous. Gary Shaw talking about he was world-class, but that's not world-class stuff. He's supposed to be this young guy, 23 or 24 years old, he's supposed to come to fight. HBO is looking for that and he obviously came with a game plan to hit and hold, man, and I was kind of shocked that Steve Smoger allowed that to happen. With us being world-class fighters and being on the main card, you would think that he wanted to see more action. He didn't take points. He warned him early in the fight. Maybe he warned him so early, he maybe forgot about the warning. He should've been disqualified with 67 holds.

PC: You had to be surprised at some point during the fight when no points were taken.

KM: Exactly! He said, after the first time he hit me with a low blow, "If you do it again, it's going to be a point." And then he did it again like 10 seconds after and Smoger made the gesture like I held his head down. Roy Jones and Max Kellerman said, "No, he didn't." I didn't hold him down; dude just hit me with a low blow. If you go back to some of his fights, he is known for low-blowing guys and I think Steve Smoger should have considered that he is known for hitting guys with low blows and handled it accordingly. And I don't feel like the dude honestly just beat me like that.(:usure:) Of course I'm not happy about the blemish on my record, but then again, I wasn't too down because I don't feel like I got whooped at all (:comeon:). He caught me with some nice shots, but I also caught him with a few nice shots. But with that being said, I feel like it was a weak fight.

PC: And just to clarify this situation, you did not lick Dulorme's chest, did you?

KM: Ah man, that stuff was preposterous for them to even come up with something like that. I was upset with HBO for putting it out there that I licked his chest. My folks was like...my PR was like, "Just let it die over." And I was like, "Nah, I can't let that die over because first of all, it's not just gonna die over." I had my boy named Chazz, the one that put the "Run Danny Run" video together, and he found the best footage and he highlighted when I was close. I was close to him, but I'm from the streets, man, and when somebody get in your face, it's total disrespect, so that's what we call being all in your grill. I was all in his grill. Yeah, I was close, but I was just taking his space and taking his territory. It was a sign of me taking his territory. If you watch a pitbull when they about to do something, a pitbull be like all over his enemy's space (laughing), you know what I'm saying? That's what it was. I was all in his grill and I was talking to him and what I said was, "I smell p*ssy!" And I gave the impression like I was sniffing him. I said, "You scared! I smell p*ssy!" But to say I licked him, that shyt made me mad.

PC: I know where you come from; you couldn't go back if you licked another man's chest.

KM: Yeah man, that shyt was crazy. What kind of fear tactic is that (laughing)? Come on, man.

PC: It's back to the drawing board for you. When you looking to come back?

KM: I would like to return as soon as possible. Hopefully HBO see that I came to fight and that dude didn't necessarily come to fight like that. I would hope to get something on the network as soon as possible, but if not, definitely hope to get something out here in the Bay area. The fans deserve to see me out here in the Bay area. I actually had a lot of good reviews. They were like, "What was up with dude holding you? He didn't come to fight. You got a lot to be proud of. You came to fight and dude was just grabbing on you." A lot of people was upset about that, so it wasn't like I had bad reviews from the fight or whatever. And that was cool. And then I had a few people like, "Man, what was that licking shyt they were talking about?" After I explained it on Facebook, they was like, "Damn, I knew better than you doing that shyt." That was crazy that they put that type of shyt out there. I wasn't feeling how HBO put it out there, even though something did happen with my manager, but they mentioned that. I do all kind of outstanding community work that I get awards for every year and I don't do it for PR or tweet every time I do something, but I do it out of the kindness of my heart, you know what I mean. shyt, none of that was mentioned, but they mentioned what happened with my manager. I wasn't feeling that. They say all pub is good pub, but not to me. I only want them good.

PC: The rumor is that Virgil Hunter is out as your trainer. Is that the case or are you gonna keep Virgil around?

KM: Virgil is real busy with a lot of fighters right now, but I think Virg will still be in the corner just as an advisor.

PC: I gotcha. I appreciate your time, man. I look forward to seeing you back in there. Is there anything else you want to add?

KM: I'll be back, man, for sure; like the Terminator, "I'll be back!" Trust that, and you will see more of Karim "Hard Hitta" Mayfield. Regardless, I will be back. I'm definitely gonna try to get a rematch with dude with a different ref. I thought Smoger liked to see a fight. I thought he would've broke that shyt up. When I seen Smoger was doing my fight, I was so elated. I was like, "Oh shyt, I got Smoger? I can fight my fight." You feel me? But I was surprised at the job he did.

http://fighthype.com/news/article16581.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shut up crying chump. You put a "loss" on my HBO/Showtime record:ufdup: