Should Kasich challenge Trump in a primary for 2020?

• Yes, Split the Vote (/no twism)....

• No, Buckeye Salute (Smitty release them wolves on him)...

• Trump is winning reelection regardless...

Results are only viewable after voting.

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...
@smitty22 :whoa:

wait, read the thread before you sicc' them wolves on me....

anyhow, kasich is thinking about running for president in 2020.... i hope he does... no, i don't want him as president and no, i don't think he'll win... but he could split the vote (/no twism) though...

in the last 40 years, only two presidents have failed to be reelected... jimmy carter and george hw bush.... carter was significantly weakened by a primary challenge from his left by ted kennedy.... hw had to split the conservative vote between him and ross perot, allowing bill clinton to skate on to the presidency... this is why both parties severely discourage primarying incumbents and do not allow third party candidates to appear on the debate stage....

kasich might dismiss that orthodoxy and challenge trump anyhow... kasich would get crushed in a primary battle against trump... but the process could weaken trump significantly and cause him to lose in the general... even if kasich only carried ohio in the primaries, that could be really damaging to trump... if kasich decided to run as an independent and only got 10% of the vote in ohio in the general, it still could cost trump that state... i think it is a worthwhile endeavor... kasich could redeem himself by cockblocking trump out of the presidency....

with that said, kasich, i strongly encourage you to run... run kasich, run.... do it for the culture....

other noteworthy people i would encourage to challenge trump in a primary fight for 2020 are:
mitt romney, jeff flake, ben sasse, jeff sessions, anthony "the mooch" scaramucci, john mccain's corpse, anybody with any name recognition that could, *ahem* split the vote......

19-

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
he should challenge him in the primary and go all out. savagely attack trump, criticize everything hes done, release scathing attack ads etc. he wont get the nomination but usually a sitting president is assisted in their reelection campaign by not having to go through a primary process, while their opponent does. ford and carter were both sitting presidents to get challenged in their primaries and they both lost their eventual election.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm not sure he's any real threat to Trump, it's EXTREMELY difficult for me to see him actually beating him in a primary, or running as an independent.

If he ran against Trump he would just lose and that would be that. :yeshrug:

he should challenge him in the primary and go all out. savagely attack trump, criticize everything hes done, release scathing attack ads etc.

Have you seen Kaisch? He won't do any of that. Dude is basically the closest thing the GOP has to Mr. Rogers :heh:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I'm not sure he's any real threat to Trump, it's EXTREMELY difficult for me to see him actually beating him in a primary, or running as an independent.

Have you seen Kaisch? He won't do any of that. Dude is basically the closest thing the GOP has to Mr. Rogers :heh:
Man I would love nothing better than for someone moderately known, on the right to run during a general election. Point is, hypothetically if he ran in a general election this could be some Lincoln level fukkery.

Plus 45 is bound to do some stupid shyt.

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...
yea, he's not beating trump... no way... trump's fan base is rabid.... however, he could shave off enough of trump's support in the right areas to leave a lane open for the dem candidate to win... remember trump didn't win mi, wi, and pa by much... plus kasich is loved in ohio, so if kasich split enough of the vote there then the dem could win ohio... this is strategy....

19-

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset

yeah i was gonna add that he wouldnt do that but i forgot :mjlol:. shyt would be hilarious...kasich with the tech.
maybe romney would but none of these gop fools got the stones for this.

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
tenor.gif

@smitty22

The elephant in the room is that Trump is the greatest Republican POTUS since Reagan and a hypothetical primary challenge won't hurt him.

Also, consider...
  • Fox News propaganda would inoculate Republicans from whatever Kasich tried to pull.
  • People who think the borders and immigration are not going to vote for Democrats.
  • Trump is delivering on the culture wars that these fascists are overly invested in.
  • Corporate donors are getting everything they wanted and more with the Trump regime.
  • Trump generates turnout and activates white identity politics in ways no other Republican can.
  • Republicans will vote for their party before ceding power to Democrats.
If you want to beat Trump, then build on what was accomplished in Kansas, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan in 2018. If you want to end Republicanism, then don't squander the enthusiasm that Abrams, Gillum, and O'Rourke generated in their respective states.

There's no need for this on a wing and a prayer stuff, the electoral map is clear.

19-

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
tenor.gif

@smitty22

The elephant in the room is that Trump is the greatest Republican POTUS since Reagan and a hypothetical primary challenge won't hurt him.

Also, consider...
  • Fox News propaganda would inoculate Republicans from whatever Kasich tried to pull.
  • People who think the borders and immigration are not going to vote for Democrats.
  • Trump is delivering on the culture wars that these fascists are overly invested in.
  • Corporate donors are getting everything they wanted and more with the Trump regime.
  • Trump generates turnout and activates white identity politics in ways no other Republican can.
  • Republicans will vote for their party before ceding power to Democrats.
If you want to beat Trump, then build on what was accomplished in Kansas, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan in 2018. If you want to end Republicanism, then don't squander the enthusiasm that Abrams, Gillum, and O'Rourke generated in their respective states.

There's no need for this on a wing and a prayer stuff, the electoral map is clear.
:lolbron:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
yea, he's not beating trump... no way... trump's fan base is rabid.... however, he could shave off enough of trump's support in the right areas to leave a lane open for the dem candidate to win... remember trump didn't win mi, wi, and pa by much... plus kasich is loved in ohio, so if kasich split enough of the vote there then the dem could win ohio... this is strategy....

How would he split the vote?

There's no way he'd run as an independent, and the people who vote Kasich in the primary would still stay loyal to GOP and vote Trump in the general.

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
That spoiler :DemBuckeyes:
Man i still trying to wrap my head around Dewine as our Governor now @intra vires . Gonna be worst than Kaisch.

Yep and it doesn't help that statehouse has been and will continue to be utter trash. For all the shyt we can give Kasich, let's not forget that he fought against his own party for Medicaid expansion. I don't see DeWine doing anything like that, he pretty much ran as a sycophant.