Kendrick and Jadakiss debate Jay Z and Nas' battle(Takeover vs. Ether)

blackslash

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I'm starting to think are actually a parody of a Jigga warrior. You can't possibly be serious with this shyt

Nah this genuine breh

Nas is nothing without Jay

Let me explain my breh

Around that time in NYC Roc a fella was on the top forreal..they were the top dogs(Jay especially)

Nas drops ether...which gets support from well known local and regional DJS and as the underdog NY ultimately chooses Nas(shortlived) :heh:

Fastfoward...

Nationwide events are being made out of Jay Z album releases,Hov is being recognized as the poster boy for hip hop..

And with that comes..the desire for an underdog..

And thats where Nas' career comes in

Some black excellence hatin white boys and c00n ass nikkaz that hate Jay's constant image of black success seek an antithesis to this image..and due to the history of their fued, most people ignorantly believe Nas to be the antithesis to Jay's character and recognize him as the one closest to beating Jay so they hang on to him cuz they now look at him as the poster boy of the hip hop underdog.

So yes, without Jay Nas is nothing
Nas' career would be nothing nada zilch without Hov da gawd

And Nas owes his life and family to Hov for even mentioning his name on takeover or he would be some dusthead nikka in Walmart baggin my shyt :wow: :mjpls: :jawalrus:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
The Serchlite line was a straight up lie. Actually, being fair I don't know if it was an intentional lie or if Jay was misinformed. MC Serch and Nas actually fell out over the masters/pubs to "Illmatic", because Nas wouldn't sign them over to Serchlite Publishing.

Fred.
Yea...of course...it's funny cause Jay himself didn't believe half the shyt he said...he said out his own mouth that he was fan pandering with that diss...basically playing off the ignorance of the fans...Jay had his strategy..Nas had his...Nas' worked..period..

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
b. Nas eventually signed onto Jay-z's label and they did songs together:what:

I didn't know Jay owned Def Jam :ohhh:

Looking at publishing info, you clearly see that Nas owns his publishing, so he got a check from Jay for the Dead Pres sample too. :ohhh:

The biggest loser in their beef IMO was always Prodigy. Bodied on Takeover and put in the casket by Nas on Destroy and Rebuild

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Looking at publishing info, you clearly see that Nas owns his publishing, so he got a check from Jay for the Dead Pres sample too. :ohhh:

The biggest loser in their beef IMO was always Prodigy. Bodied on Takeover and put in the casket by Nas on Destroy and Rebuild

The sad part is Prodigy would've been fine if he came back with a half way decent response. He picked the absolute worst possible time to fall off.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
Illadelphia

LOL...i wasn't even gonna bring Prodigy into this...but yea...he got bodied at Summer Jam hard....WOW!!! :gladbron: Had to be pretty embarrassing seeing yourself get put on blast in front of tens of thousands of people with photos like that! :snoop:

But Nas affiliated himself with Jay-z AFTER he rapped "...I came in ya Bentley backseat/Skeeted in Jeep/Left condoms in tha baby seat..." To me that's a sucker move :ufdup:....but like I said b4....if Jay-Z never dropped "Takeover" where would Nas be at now?

Nas is one of my favorite MC's. Mab that's why the rap audience doesn't entertain "beef" anymore. Who knows.

intilectual recipricol

Killin fake hip hop
Daps
Reppin
The Brook
you cant even really trust a thing Jadakiss says... I remember when he was doin his top 5. He was all quick to put Pac at #1 then he remembered he rolled wit BIG then changed it... and didnt even include Pac at all?

I'm lookin for the lank, we had it up on :hamster:

But this is the type of dude we talkin about when we talkin bout Kiss

H.J.Duck

All Star
Daps
fukk everything else they said, everything has been said 1000235902 times here & everywhere...but this here was actually interesting:

Finally one explanation why Jadakiss hasn't been able to drop a good solo album in damn near 15 years, if he feels Takeover is not a good beat, u just know he can't pick dope shyt for his own albums . How is that NOT a good beat? I mean even if you feel Nas destroyed Hov & hate Hov, you gotta admit the beat is dope.

erker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Netherlands
But; as a Jay supporter (vs Nas); the fact remains;

I can listen and jam to Takeover....Ether is extremely uncomfortable to listen to :no:

Because it still burns your soul?

Keep in mind, Ether wasn't meant to make you feel "comfortable"... What is you smoking?

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Ether got that sound that a lot of east coast cats like CNN, D-Block, NORE were rocking with in the late 90s/early 2000s. Very kinda weird orchestra type shyt

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Ether got that sound that a lot of east coast cats like CNN, D-Block, NORE were rocking with in the late 90s/early 2000s. Very kinda weird orchestra type shyt

yup.

felt like an uprising or a revolt was taking place. then came the revolution. and then by the end of the song, it felt like a victory celebration.

ether beat >>>>>>