Kendrick Lamar Calls Out Churches for Not Preaching the ‘Hard Truth’ of God’s Judgment

CEITEDMOFO

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was just shared by one of my twitter friends

1492522740_d600033a68e849fe5142b024b5809432.jpg

Grammy-winning rap artist Kendrick Lamar thinks Christians would benefit if churches focused more on God’s righteous judgment and less on the palatable message of hope found in the Gospel.

In a recent email to hip-hop website DJ Booth, the 29-year-old Compton native described what it was like growing up in his local church.

“It appalled me that the same program was in practice. A program that I seen as a kid the few times I was in service,” he wrote. “Praise, dance. Worship. (Which is beautiful.) Pastor spewing the idea of someone’s season is approaching. The idea of hope.”

Even as a child, Lamar knew that something was being overlooked in the sermons he was hearing. As an adult, the artist shared that he has recently begun reflecting on the Christian teachings that left him “spiritually unsatisfied as a child.”

In his studies, Lamar realized the “simple truth” that while God is merciful, He is also a just and jealous God who demands “discipline and obedience.”

“Every conscious choice of sin, will be corrected through his discipline. Whether physical or mental. Direct or indirect,” he wrote. “Through your sufferings, or someone that’s close to [kin]. It will be corrected.”

In Lamar’s opinion, too many churches fail to address this “hard truth” about the Christian calling. Rather than risk offending parishioners, Christian pastors often preach watered-down messages of God’s endless love and the redemption sinners find in Christ.

“As a community, we was taught to pray for our mishaps, and he’ll forgive you,” he continued. “Yes, this is true. But he will also reprimand us as well. As a child, I can’t recall hearing this in service. Maybe leaders of the church knew it will run off churchgoers?”

Lamar concluded his message by sharing that in light of his recent discovery, he feels called “to share the joy of God, but with exclamation, more so, the FEAR OF GOD… Knowing the power in what He can build, and also what He can destroy.”

“I wanna spread this truth to my listeners,” he wrote. “It’s a journey, but it will be my key to the Kingdom and theirs as well.”

(H/T: The Christian Post)
source: Grammy-Winning Rapper Calls Out Churches for Not Preaching the ‘Hard Truth’ of God’s Judgment

Last edited:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kenny is correct, people need to start learning morality from the Old Testament: :blessed:

Exodus 23:19

Thou shalt not boil a kid in its mother’s milk. :ehh:

Leviticus 24:16

Whoever utters the name of the Lord must be put to death. The whole community must stone him, whether alien or native. If he utters the name, he must be put to death. :demonic:

Deut. 28:53

Then because of the dire straits to which you will be reduced when your enemy besieges you, you will eat your own children, the flesh of your sons and daughters whom the Lord has given you. :damn:

Genesis 19:8

“Look, I have two daughters, virgins both of them. Let me bring them out to you and you could do what you like with them. But do nothing to these men because they have come under the shelter of my roof.”:sitdown:

Deut. 25:11

When two men are fighting and the wife of one of them intervenes to drag her husband clear of his opponent, if she puts out her hand and catches hold of the man by his privates, you must cut off her hand and show her no mercy. :sadbron:

Ephesians 6:5

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. :sas2:

rbksNgirbauds

Even on the court we stay flyy, Jada & A.I.
Daps
Believe in a deity that created, well everything, in 6 days breh. :skip:

Believe that he oversaw the enslavement and mass murdered MILLIONS of ppl but is a benelovent being brehs.:skip:

Believe in a nikka that finessed his son and watched him get brutally murdered brehs. :skip:

Believe said son was given birth too by a virgin brehs.:skip:

Believe when you die and you've been a good boy you'll walk around on streets of gold and sing hymns all day brehs :skip:

Believe a nikka that flooded the earth once, and will burn it next because you won't obey him is not a sadistic psychopath brehs:skip:

It don't matter what nobody says, believing in that silly shyt is no different than a child believing in a fakkit ass , tooth fetish having ass fairy.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Old testament has some heat :whoo:
The Torah is Fire it expose all our sins, so we don't like that we want to be rebellious, its a white cloth to our dirty face and when we wipe our face we see our dirt and don't like it. Yahshua taught the Torah his teachings it straight out of Leviticus and Deuteronomy

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
MODERN DAY Christianity don't wanna preach the LAW

cause it will SCARE a lot of their congregation (CUSTOMERS) away

So they replaced LAW with GRACE and FORGIVENESS

which is why so many HOES...PEDOPHILES...SODOMITES and HUSTLERS feel so comfortable being in CHURCH

cause it is FORGIVING EVERYONE under JESUS Grace in the New Testament

Free will to FUKK ANYBODY OVER and just ask for Forgiveness

just like the slavemaster who wrote AMAZING GRACE....he was once was lost but now he is found
Smh

CHRISTIANS DONT LIKE THE ACCOUNTABILITY OF THE OLD LAW

YOU COULDN'T EAT YOUR PORK OR BE A GAY AZZ PIRATE IN THE OLD TESTAMENT

U WOULD BE KILLED according to the laws of Deuteronomy

But in the New Testament all is forgiving...

Last edited: