Kendrick was Cool, But Pusha T and Benny The Butcher Got The Albums Of The Year

Daps
Don’t get me wrong Kendrick storytelling was great on there.

But Pusha T went above and beyond. The beats alone were better than any other album this year. The samples were super dope he used. And you’re not going to have a better album when you have a veteran like Pusha. Kanye and Pharrell split the production. Jay-Z had the best verse he’s had in a while. Kid Cudi sound rejuvenated on here. I think it was better than Daytona and the best Pusha solo to date. And we got a Malice verse

Benny The Butcher sounded good with Harry Fraud but with him Daringer & The Alchemist, the kid doesn’t miss. Benny has really came to his own these past few years. That J.Cole verse on was heavenly and out of this world. Benny sounded the best he has in two years and that’s crazy because the kid is on fire anyway. I can’t wait for the Def Jam coming. He’s making moves. And I don’t give about this shyt with him him and Freddie Gibbs. So keep the bullshyt out and stick to the music.

Someone will probably come in here and talk about sales or bytches don’t like it and 14 old year boys on tik tok aren’t playing these albums. I don’t give a shyt. Keep Jack Harlow to your pawgs playlist. This is hip hop and Street Rap. The real movers and shakers are playing these albums. Keep your gay autotune to them other threads. This is hip hop goon music as god Intended hiphop to be made.

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
I think I mentioned it in the Kendrick thread but I can see that album getting Album of the Year nods at the Grammys and Pusha T getting Rap Album of the Year nods

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I think I mentioned it in the Kendrick thread but I can see that album getting Album of the Year nods at the Grammys and Pusha T getting Rap Album of the Year nods

They go hand in hand. Its VERY rare for an album to lose its genre category and go on to win in the General Field and its NEVER happened for a rap album.

What’s more realistic is Kendrick sweeping the Rap categories (as he did in 2018) and losing AOTY to Adele because she’s the worlds most adored white woman

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
They go hand in hand. Its VERY rare for an album to lose its genre category and go on to win in the General Field and its NEVER happened for a rap album.

What’s more realistic is Kendrick sweeping the Rap categories (as he did in 2018) and losing AOTY to Adele because she’s the worlds most adored white woman

First time for everything I guess?
But yea that's definitely more realistic. Not sure if it's the "right" move but I'll be happy if Kendrick wins like I'll be happy if Pusha wins

Daps
Not at all but TT4 in my top 3 for the year. Production on push’s album was underwhelming but still a good project

John Mexico

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Henderson, NV
Man I already forgot about Pusha. I can't put my finger on it but I'll never have the urge to put that on again. I kept Daytona in rotation through the pandemic, too.

Haven't heard TT4 but Ill throw in Conway in the mix. I really gotta be in the mood though

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Billy Woods has the clear cut rap aoty for me. Vince next. I had Pusha third but at this point I listen to Future’s album more.

Given the albums that are coming I could see Kendrick not being in the top 5. And I like the album. The reviews coming in now are basically saying it’s a flawed album with high points…my takeaway as well. People are so obsessed with being stans or the “classic or trash” dynamic that they can’t accept something just being flawed but ok or good.

It’s a 3.5/5 for me.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Ransom has the best album of the year if we talking raps only.

Future has the best album of the year if we talking all music.

Push was kinda disappointing looking back, outside the first couple records, the album never matches that high, until the last track with Malice. It's cool but forgettable.

Benny was really good tho, but not as good as TT3, which is a classic to me.