Kevin Costner: Hollywood didn't want to finance my black film

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Breh I'm only comparing them in the sense of a studio not funding a film with a heavy focus on a black cast
i understand, but i do feel the need to point out that the difference is that costner's film focuses on black / white relations, and studios shying from that, and Red Tails is about a black heroic success story in wwii and the studio thinking that it wasn't worth while to tell.

theres a big difference

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Kostner: So I wanna get some funding for this movie I wanna make :skip:

Studios: Go on...:beli:

Kostner: But its gonna have a strong black presence and cast....

Studio: :beli: oh really...

Kostner: yeah...I think it has Oscar written all over it...

Studio: We'll get back to u...

Kostner: :whoa: don't worry tho..I got black crack heads and black bad parents and everything...and of course....I got the white savior...think blind side with crack sprinkled on it :win:

Studio: :ohhh:...I do like the black crack head part..but....

:mjlol:..........pass.

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
Kostner: So I wanna get some funding for this movie I wanna make :skip:

Studios: Go on...:beli:

Kostner: But its gonna have a strong black presence and cast....

Studio: :beli: oh really...

Kostner: yeah...I think it has Oscar written all over it...

Studio: We'll get back to u...

Kostner: :whoa: don't worry tho..I got black crack heads and black bad parents and everything...and of course....I got the white savior...think blind side with crack sprinkled on it :win:

Studio: :ohhh:...I do like the black crack head part..but....

:mjlol:..........pass.
:deadmanny:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Not supporting a black film as they would with others? Doesn't surprise me.

It also doesn't surprise me that Kevin Costner could not get financing...he doesn't have a great track record and has two EPIC bombs in his career - The Postman and Waterworld.

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
you think these rich Hollywood Jews give a damn what the movie is about or what race is cast in it? They're about one thing. If it makes dollars, it makes sense.

Unfortunately, black people don't support their own movies being made A) it's some Tyler Perry shyt or other silly shyt or B) it stars Will Smith or Denzel.

There's always the exception here and there, with Fruitvale Station, Precious, etc. but even those got hype due to Sundance first.

I don't blame the studios, chances are they're going to lose money if they make a movie like this. Gotta get out and support this kind of filmmaking for the studios to take notice and want to make more films like it.