Kevin Gates On The Combat Jack Show

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
True but he said he hates the word black, it's about humanity to him. I think he just has issues with who he is because he kept saying his family don't look like him. I'm assuming he means his mother's side because he didn't talk about his pops. He probably heard some black jokes growing up, and it effected him to the point he doesn't want to be called black because when he talked about being black he got mad. "I HATE that word black":beli:

Yeah that's true too.

Swing

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's like talking to a crazy homeless person.

:dead:

I think one big problem with Gates is he's narcissistic as fukk. He always tries to randomly insert some irrelevant shyt about himself.

"So how you feel about Ferguson?" "Me being an intelligent individual..."

"So what's the new single?" "You know, me having a masters in psychology..." :skip:

:lolbron:

RebelX

HEir
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
~~~
He's saying he doesn't see color but in many interviews has described himself as Puerto Rican and not Black.. He constantly goes out of his way to say two things.. 1. He doesn't see color. 2. He isn't a Black man. Then in the next statement he will say that only Black people have done him wrong in his life... (If you don't see color, how do you come to that conclusion?)

He often boasts about his intellect and how he has a masters in psychology..But doesn't know the difference between a psychologist and psychiatrist and claims that only the weak have any use for either of them...

In one sentence he is saying how if a Black man disrespects him he will send his mom shopping for a Black dress...But when he's questioned about white supremacy and police brutality he says "I'm institutionalized and can't worry about the things I don't have the power to change"

This is the main problem I have with these super thug n1ggas and why I'm starting to feel they are the weak link in our community..They are often 'The Terminator' when it comes to addressing slights against them by people that look like them..But when the people that are REALLY giving them hell are brought up they want to get philosophical, rational or straight up quiet as church mice...

Dude is pretty articulate for a rapper and knows how to ear hustle like T.I. But if you really listen to what he's saying and break it down, the dots just don't connect..

At first, the sequence of him saying he was offended by the being labeled black and finding out he was Puerto Rican had me thinking he was on some :mjpls: also but after running it back I understood what he was really trying to say.

Your analysis makes it seem like he would respond negatively toward a black man but let a cac slide for a similar offense and I don't think that is the case.

I think he was more trying to put emphasis on the fact that he doesn't feel unified/solely identify with only black people because he has seen them do evil also and if you were to label him, he wold want it to be as a human.

RebelX

HEir
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
~~~
Yeah...i think i've reached my limit on Gates interviews...he gave pretty much identical interviews to everybody during this latest nyc promo run...with the exception that i could have SWORE this nikka said on a interview i saw last week (may have been Sway) that his baby mama is the love of his life, she his manager or some sh!t and handles all of his business and goes everywhere he goes...then on this combat jack interview he's talking about he hasn't been happy in 5 years because he broke up with an ex who was the only woman he ever loved :dwillhuh:

I think he was talking about his mom not his ex

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
I think one big problem with Gates is he's narcissistic as fukk. He always tries to randomly insert some irrelevant shyt about himself.

"So how you feel about Ferguson?" "Me being an intelligent individual..."

"So what's the new single?" "You know, me having a masters in psychology..." :skip:
Lol yes, I think too many rappers (who are surrounded by poor people) and people who are fairly smart (but are surrounded by dumb people) start believing that they are actually super special people. And they make sure that these dumb people know that they are super special incase they didn't catch the way the move, the things they do and the shyt they say. Unfortunately for him, he's not in prison anymore and his fanbase is not restricted to street dudes in Baton Rouge.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Hope he comes back for another podcast and things of that nature.

desp

SO MUCH FUN
Daps
I think he was talking about his mom not his ex
I can't remember if it was this or a different interview, but he said that he's still cool with that girl but she's "not the same person she was back then."

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At first, the sequence of him saying he was offended by the being labeled black and finding out he was Puerto Rican had me thinking he was on some :mjpls: also but after running it back I understood what he was really trying to say.

Your analysis makes it seem like he would respond negatively toward a black man but let a cac slide for a similar offense and I don't think that is the case.

I think he was more trying to put emphasis on the fact that he doesn't feel unified/solely identify with only black people because he has seen them do evil also and if you were to label him, he wold want it to be as a human.
I think that's his reasons on the surface but, when he said "I HATE that word black" I was like:upsetfavre:. His father or mother was obviously black, because he kept saying his family don't look like him, meaning the puerto ricans in his family must look like white puerto ricans or like the ones who show more of their white/taino mixture instead of the white/black mixture.. To me that sounds like a case of your family dissing you because you look different, and that effected him. How can you hate a word that describes a color with such passion, unless something happened to you that made you feel that way.

RebelX

HEir
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
~~~
I think that's his reasons on the surface but, when he said "I HATE that word black" I was like:upsetfavre:. His father or mother was obviously black, because he kept saying his family don't look like him, meaning the puerto ricans in his family must look like white puerto ricans or like the ones who show more of their white/taino mixture instead of the white/black mixture.. To me that sounds like a case of your family dissing you because you look different, and that effected him. How can you hate a word that describes a color with such passion, unless something happened to you that made you feel that way.

Yea this is what I immediately concluded after hearing it also but he was specifically referring to when people approach him on the pro-black "we as a people" tip. Thats what he "hated" not the word black. I don't think he was expressing any hatred towards blacks just explaining why he has a different perspective due to his experiences.

RebelX

HEir
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
~~~
@CombatJack did Gates say what his true "origins" are and what his 'real age' is? I thought that part was interesting.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Yeah...i think i've reached my limit on Gates interviews...he gave pretty much identical interviews to everybody during this latest nyc promo run...with the exception that i could have SWORE this nikka said on a interview i saw last week (may have been Sway) that his baby mama is the love of his life, she his manager or some sh!t and handles all of his business and goes everywhere he goes...then on this combat jack interview he's talking about he hasn't been happy in 5 years because he broke up with an ex who was the only woman he ever loved :dwillhuh:
To be fair, he did acknowledge the repetitiveness of his interviews at the beginning of this interview. He said all his interviews sound exactly the same, which is fair, because if he keeps getting asked the same questions, he keeps it consistent.