Kevin Martin Officially Retires from the NBA

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
Former NBA All-Star Kevin Martin announced his retirement today in an ad in his local paper, The Zanesville Times Reporter. Martin averaged 17.4 ppg in 12 seasons with 5 teams (most notably with the Sacramento Kings and the Minnesota Timberwolves).

An excerpt from his retirement announcement ad:

Thank you, thank you, thank you. There's not a more perfect day for me to express those feelings. There are so many ways to announce your after professional career plans. My family and close friends have known since June of the direction I wanted my life to go. Those were the toughest conversations that I have ever had but with the ultimate support I knew I was making the right decision. [...]

To my community, I think the way I have always wanted to do it was on a personal level with the place that has always been there for me as I started this journey as a 18 year old kid. That place is Zanesville, OH! It was always about you! Special is just the start to describe you guys as part of my journey from day 1. Honestly, there isn't enough pages or enough days in a year for me to name everyone that has had a positive impact in my life. Every little kid that loves basketball dreams about playing in the same league as Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant, but I know it's the hope that others give that can only make that dream a reality.

Kevin Martin announces retirement from NBA in newspaper ad

Last edited: