Daps
Khalid Becomes First Artist In History To Secure Top 5 Spots On R&B Songs Chart
By Chantilly Post
Apr 16, 2019 14:59
1.3K Views
1555440615_658f43a7ab66eafbeb1c69ec5bf9d31b.jpg

Axelle/Bauer-Griffin/FilmMagic

Khalid's got more to come.

Khalid dropped off his sophomore tape Free Spirit at the top of the month and already the album has been doing numbers. Having announced his tour for the tape, Khalid pulled in his first #1 on the Billboard 200 chart just a couple days ago and now he's succeeded with yet another milestone. The 21-year-old has now become the first artist in history to claim the entire top 5 tracks on the Hot R&B Songs Charts.

Kevin Winter/Getty Images
The songs occupying the coveted spots are "Better," "Talk," "My Bad," "Saturday Nights," and "Outta My Head."

"FIRST IN HISTORY!!!! WOW!! I catch myself in disbelief every now and then and I’m still learning SO much through all of this shyt. Life gets crazy sometimes and I often find myself trying to keep it together, but one thing I’m so thankful for are the people who support me so this really goes up to y’all," Khalid captioned an image on Instagram of the news.

"I love u guys so much thank you for rocking with me for the past few years! Two albums in and a shyt ton to go HAHAHA! LETS GOOOOO!!!"

HotNewHipHop: Khalid Becomes First Artist In History To Secure Top 5 Spots On R&B Songs Chart.
Khalid Becomes First Artist In History To Secure Top 5 Spots On R&B Songs Chart

Straw Hat Luffy

Superstar
Daps
I don't listen to him but I'm down for any positive news that comes to R&B

Hopefully this type of stuff leads to inspiration for other artists to take R&B as a serious craft again.

brehs get tired of fukking women to the same songs

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Never heard a song of his but I've seen his name floating around everywhere.

Skipped on listening to his album because I felt like he was an industry plant.