Kickboxing and lifting heavy

MF budz

All Star
Daps
I do a full body 3 days a week m-w-f. Heavy DL and OHP on one day then heavy squat and bench the other along with accessory work. Rotating them. Im starting kickboxing training next week(up to 4 times a week) and was wondering if i should switch it up to more bodyweight shyt and yoga. My hips are pretty tight as well and have been looking for good stretches to get mobility and flexibility out of them. If you have any shoot them at me.

oollopapolloo

Rookie
Daps
Definitely do yoga
Deadlift is good just dont go too heavy too quickly to not injure anything

this stretch help me so much for my hips and mobility

You can also use the roll to loosen your thigh after you fb workout

Streching, moving arm around before your kb class just to not pull anything

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Your hips are going to be tight bc you're not conditioned to turn them over like a Thai fighter. That's something that comes with time. You can lift still, but be rational and work on body weight as well. Talk to your ajarn or kru. He or she should know as well, and if they don't then leave that gym

MF budz

All Star
Daps
First class was yesterday. Was awesome. Going to take a sabbatical from weight liftingand focus on the stretching and bodyweight shyt and cardio. Got the wing knocked out of me for the first time in forever. We were practicing kicks some front kicks, switch kicks and turning side kicks. Had a fun ass time and the coach seemed cool as hell so i signed up good. Also got crash course in x blocking. :sadcam:

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First class was yesterday. Was awesome. Going to take a sabbatical from weight liftingand focus on the stretching and bodyweight shyt and cardio. Got the wing knocked out of me for the first time in forever. We were practicing kicks some front kicks, switch kicks and turning side kicks. Had a fun ass time and the coach seemed cool as hell so i signed up good. Also got crash course in x blocking. :sadcam:
That's cool. How did you get the wind knocked out of you?

MF budz

All Star
Daps
That's cool. How did you get the wind knocked out of you?
We were practicing front kicks with both legs and turning side kicks with both. Was supposed to keep my gloves positioned over stomach on top of each other pressed hard together and i kindve got to relaxed and a foot slide through. But in one week feel like ive learned more then i thought i would. Been staying longer after class and hitting the bag.