Kid Cudi Responds to Kanye West's Comments About Influencing Last 20 Years of Music

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Then Kanye jumped on the lollipop remix to ride tunes wave :wow:
Exactly and then Wayne announced his autotune RNB album named “DEVOL” before Kanye announced 808s smh.

Kanye took his idea so Wayne changed it to the rock/rap hybrid “Rebirth” instead.

I remember well :wow:

Edit: I tried to find the interview, but it was with big Tigger on BET. SMH. It’s now online anymore.

Wayne even rolled his eyes when he said he’s changing the direction because Kanye announced 808s.

Ye and Jay stole the WTT idea from Drake and Wayne too.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
T Pain was doing the auto tone before Ye and Wayne too.

in fact, I remember when Wayne was on that T Pain song "I Can't Believe"

didn't they have a mixtape they worked on around that time, called T Wayne or something? But it didn't come out until years later

the industry did T Pain dirty. He gave all these nikkas a style to run with and they left his ass in the dust

Ehhh Ye was using auto tune with John Legend on College dropout

“I’m no longer confused don’t tell anybody”

But yeah t pain made it HUGE

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kanye West is the biggest wave rider of the past 20 years because he only jumped on what was hot beginning with Graduation:

1) Toomp was a hot producer and he jumped on the wave when T.I.'s "What You Know About That" and Jeezy's "I Luv It" jumped off. Then Kanye was supposed to be featured on Jeezy's "I Get Money" produced by Toomp. This song eventually became "Can't Tell Me Nothin" which is why Jeezy's adlibs are on the song.

2) Timbaland was like the biggest producer at the time and Kanye had him redo the drums on "Stronger" and had him do programming on "Good Life" as well. This was all because he wanted something to compete with Timbo's "The Way I Are" in the clubs.

3) T-Pain. Of course, T-Pain was featured on "Good Life". Then he consulted T-Pain for the auto tune for 808's & Heartbreaks.

4) He wants to take credit for Weeknd when Kanye wasn't even making Progressive R&B. You could trace Weeknd's sound back to Ginuwine's The Bachelor album.

5) Kanye himself admits to Futuresex/Lovesounds bybJustin Timberlake influencing the sound of Graduation.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
technically it was John on auto tune but i get the point you trying to make
It’s a stupid point. It wasn’t Kanye though. Why did Kanye wait five years later to jump on the wave then? Meh.

Wayne was using it in 2007

And Thug stole Wayne whole sound and image

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
It’s a stupid point. It wasn’t Kanye though. Why did Kanye wait five years later to jump on the wave then? Meh.

Wayne was using it in 2007

Basically

I remember when t pain said ye brought him during the 808’s sessions and was teaching ye how to use auto tune

southpawstyle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
California
Kanye got that from atmosphere tho

Slug is way more overt with his emotional language. They haven’t pushed sonic boundaries like Kanye has. Godlovesugly, overcast, lucy ford, and headshots 7 are personal classics for me.

I love a lot of Kanye projects.

Kanye was more inspired by Fiona Apple than anyone and that’s why she’s the goat.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
like i said earlier, the industry did T Pain dirty

he came in doing the auto tune then, a few years went by, they booted him off to the side and then everybody else rode the auto tune wave
Agreed.

He did say Wayne and Ye reached out for permission to use it but yeah. That was messed up.