LA Innocence Project takes convicted wife-killer Scott Peterson’s case, insists new evidence could exonerate him

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The Los Angeles Innocence Project is getting behind convicted murderer Scott Peterson, arguing in legal papers that new evidence will show he didn’t kill his pregnant wife more than two decades ago.

Peterson, who is serving a life sentence for the murder of Laci Peterson, received renewed hope Thursday when the legal organization confirmed to outlets it had taken up his case.

Advertisement
He was convicted in 2004 of killing his wife and their unborn child after Laci’s body was found the year prior.

Innocent Project lawyers argued in a recent court filing that “new evidence now supports Mr. Peterson’s long-standing claim of innocence and raises many questions into who abducted and killed Laci and Conner Peterson,” ABC News reported Thursday.

The attorneys are looking for numerous items they couldn’t find after combing over his trial files, including evidence from investigations into a December 2002 burglary across the street from where the couple lived, a missing watch that Laci Peterson wore and a van fire in the area around the time the mom-to-be went missing as well as docs tied to witness interviews, the outlet reported.

The Stanislaus County District Attorney’s Office replied to the nonprofit’s request for information late last year, claiming the project’s argument didn’t pass muster, the San Francisco Chronicle reported.

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
image-asset.gif

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
Interesting. I trust the innocence project judgment. I believe I remember listening to a podcast or some news story about their work a long time ago and they don't just take any case that comes their way. They sit down and look at the evidence themselves and see if a good case can be made if the person was railroaded. They have a good track record and they mention somewhere on their website when I read it a long time ago, that 90 percent of their cases are black men. They do good work.

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Interesting. I trust the innocence project judgment. I believe I remember listening to a podcast or some news story about their work a long time ago and they don't just take any case that comes their way. They sit down and look at the evidence themselves and see if a good case can be made if the person was railroaded. They have a good track record and they mention somewhere on their website when I read it a long time ago, that 90 percent of their cases are black men. They do good work.
Apparently 42%of the cases they get the guy is proved guilty based of evidence

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4