Lamelo Ball now stands 6’7

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
He needs that hunger and he can be a top ten pick.

Dude was a top three h.s. recruit in his class before he went pro, at 16.

His upside is ridiculous right now.
Since when was he top 3? And he’s not gonna be a top ten pick, probably a second rounder, it’s a couple of more athletic guys around his height that play better defense than him in hs right now.

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I hope he joins a pro team in the fall.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He’s not getting drafted.

1. He’s played against nobody
2. There are tons of 6’7 nikkas who actually played D1 comp and are more athletic
3. Who wants to deal with Lavar complaining that Gelo ain’t getting enough shots/minutes

Daps
Ya'll acting like this dude is 7"3.

There are a lot of 6'7" nikkas who are bums in the NBA and many who don't make it. Look in the G-League. Look overseas. Look in the college ranks.

Also, being highly ranked in HS means shyt. It just means you have the tools, but if not properly polished, it doesn't matter.

You can go back the last twenty years, and find dudes who were top 10 players in the country who washed out quickly.

LaMelo isn't a lock for shyt if he doesn't properly develop, and it doesn't help that he has taken a COMPLETELY unorthodox path, WITH Lavar as his father.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
to me he always had the highest ceiling out of the 3 brothers and its not even close

his biggest weakness is his basketball IQ

he plays dumb but a good coach and just getting older and maturing can fix that

I 100% expect him to be a star though

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
to me he always had the highest ceiling out of the 3 brothers and its not even close

his biggest weakness is his basketball IQ

he plays dumb but a good coach and just getting older and maturing can fix that

I 100% expect him to be a star though

Where is he going to find that good coach that will help him mature and teach him how to play at a high level? Lavar made sure that he never gets that, so he’s going to have to develop that on his own.

Daps
Where is he going to find that good coach that will help him mature and teach him how to play at a high level? Lavar made sure that he never gets that, so he’s going to have to develop that on his own.

It's weird how people think different rules apply to these Ball kids.

People were saying Gelo would get drafted despite the fact he was on literally NO team's radar coming out of HS. NBA teams are already aware of you before you enter college. They said he wasn't even a remote option. That changed because he dropped out of school and moved to Lithuania?

Melo is more talented than Gelo, but he is a complete project at this point. He isn't getting proper coaching, nor developing by playing against elite competition. Furthermore, he's not athletic at all. Steph Curry get higher on dunks than this dude, it seems.

I'm not saying he can't and won't make it, but I see ZERO reason to believe this could would be a star. If he's not going to be a super-athlete, then his IQ is going to have to be off the charts to compensate, and there is no indication that he has that level of an IQ for the game.

Last edited:

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At this point without the athleticism (which might come later) he's like a Reggie Miller type player to me. Literally all LaMelo needs is a consistent outside jumpshot. He has handles, can get to the rim and a nice feel for the game.

resurrection

By Way of Deception, Thou Shalt Do War
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Can he even be coached or play within a system? Granted I’m not an expert but every time I’ve seen him play, he just goes out and does whatever tf he wants. No discipline. Talented sure but he seems too reckless (at least at this point) to think about some long storied NBA career. I’m sure he’ll get a shot though to figure it out