Lavar ball on Trump: Whose man is this?

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
LaVar Ball downplays Donald Trump's role in UCLA freshmen's release
11:56 AM Et

LOS ANGELES -- LaVar Ball downplayed his son's shoplifting incident in China, as well as President Donald Trump's involvement in getting LiAngelo Ball and two other UCLA basketball players back to the United States earlier this week.

"Who?" LaVar Ball told ESPN on Friday, when asked about Trump's involvement in the matter. "What was he over there for? Don't tell me nothing. Everybody wants to make it seem like he helped me out."

:mjlol::troll::dead:

UCLA freshmen LiAngelo Ball, Cody Riley and Jalen Hill, who had been detained in China on suspicion of shoplifting, landed in Los Angeles on Tuesday evening and addressed the media on Wednesday before being indefinitely suspended by the team.

Trump, who returned late Tuesday from a trip through Asia, said he raised their case with China President Xi Jinping during a visit to Beijing last week.

Sources: UCLA debates trio's suspension
Multiple sources told ESPN that UCLA officials are debating how long to keep out the three suspended freshmen players who admitted to shoplifting during the basketball team's trip to China last week.

The players were arrested and questioned on Nov. 7 about stealing from high-end stores, including sunglasses from a Louis Vuitton store next to the team's hotel in Hangzhou, where the Bruins had been staying before leaving for Shanghai to face Georgia Tech.

UCLA athletic director Dan Guerrero said this week that the players stole from three stores. They were released from custody after posting bail early Nov. 8, on the condition that they surrender their passports; they had been staying at a lakeside hotel in Hangzhou prior to flying home.

"As long as my boy's back here, I'm fine," Ball told ESPN. "I'm happy with how things were handled. A lot of people like to say a lot of things that they thought happened over there. Like I told him, 'They try to make a big deal out of nothing sometimes.' I'm from L.A. I've seen a lot worse things happen than a guy taking some glasses. My son has built up enough character that one bad decision doesn't define him. Now if you can go back and say when he was 12 years old he was shoplifting and stealing cars and going wild, then that's a different thing.

"Everybody gets stuck on the negativity of some things and they get stuck on them too long. That's not me. I handle what's going on and then we go from there."

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
in
full

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Were they really looking at a dime for stealing? If so, I wouldn't be so quick to be dismissive. I know Trump a bytch and all but if he put in a good word then just keep it moving. No point in getting in a war of words when your son was the one who fukked up.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Heโ€™s right. Once Jack MA and UCLA got involved these kids were getting out. By the time Trump got involved the charges already went from 10 years to house arrest and a permanent ban from China.

Iโ€™m pretty confident it wouldโ€™ve been done with or without Trump.

LevelUp

๐Ÿงž๐Ÿช” ๐™๐™๐™š ๐™‚๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™š ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™‡๐™–๐™ข๐™ฅ ๐Ÿงž๐Ÿช”
Daps

Lavar is a funny dude tho.

Donald Trumps Twitter

Divine Infinite Commander King
Daps
Reppin
Space Force 1
Were they really looking at a dime for stealing? If so, I wouldn't be so quick to be dismissive. I know Trump a bytch and all but if he put in a good word then just keep it moving. No point in getting in a war of words when your son was the one who fukked up.

Man fukk donald trump,

:camby: FOH with this neo-feel good shyt

Mr swag

We Out Here
Daps
Reppin
The Well Respected Uptown,Virginia
The boys had all the leverage

If they got 10 years than no college team would ever go back to China any due to fear that kids would get locked up.

China wasnโ€™t going to lose all of that for some damn glasses