Lawmakers calling for nation wide "Right To Work" which would end Unions

Jay Kast

Hidden Royalty
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
I love how the titles of these bills dupe people into believing its a positive thing.

The dwindling power of the unions translates into less protection for workers. The less protection for workers, the less you get paid, the worse your health insurance gets, the more expendable you become.

Some will argue that unions were preventing Americans from competing on a global scale.

But I will say that buying American 10 years ago and over meant you got a guaranteed level of quality. You didn't second guess it.

As companies cut unions out to increase profits, that mentality trickles down into the entire organization. Cutting corners becomes the norm. Buying American became about patriotism and no longer about the belief that you were actually getting better quality products than from anywhere else.

I may be wrong as I haven't done all the necessary research to qualify all of my opinions. It's just what I believe for now.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Naw, republicans aren't stupid. Police unions are always exempt in union busting. Same for firefighters ever since 9/11. See scott walker in 2015
nah, some pigs are right to work already

i mean, yeah maybe they exepmted them in this. idk

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I love how the titles of these bills dupe people into believing its a positive thing.

The dwindling power of the unions translates into less protection for workers. The less protection for workers, the less you get paid, the worse your health insurance gets, the more expendable you become.

Some will argue that unions were preventing Americans from competing on a global scale.

But I will say that buying American 10 years ago and over meant you got a guaranteed level of quality. You didn't second guess it.

As companies cut unions out to increase profits, that mentality trickles down into the entire organization. Cutting corners becomes the norm. Buying American became about patriotism and no longer about the belief that you were actually getting better quality products than from anywhere else.

I may be wrong as I haven't done all the necessary research to qualify all of my opinions. It's just what I believe for now.

Yes and no on quality though. Quality was one of a few reasons why foreign cars were able compete successfully with domestically produced vehicles.

I agree on less protection for American workers. Unions do deserve criticism, and their modern day presence should be analyzed. Still is amazing how quickly this modern society has forgotten what spurred collective bargaining to begin with. Folks want it both ways, down with the unions but not back to the literal and figurative serfdom that workers experienced several decades ago ehh? I have to tip my hats to the GOP too for successfully convincing white Americans that unions need to be undermined and done away with.To those deplorables one can only say, be careful what you wish for.