[Leak] Playstation 5 Pro is a Powerhouse

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Digital foundry shut most of this down …. Sonys FSR will be pretty big though.

These games need PC graphic options though , too many options are still hidden from the console user

1080p 60
1440p 60
1800p 60
4k 60
And 4k30 for the heathens

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Digital foundry shut most of this down …. Sonys FSR will be pretty big though.

These games need PC graphic options though , too many options are still hidden from the console user

1080p 60
1440p 60
1800p 60
4k 60
And 4k30 for the heathens
I still remember people questioning the checkboard tech then praising it when the Pro dropped.

PSSR might end up being amazing. We'll see when it drops.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I still remember people questioning the checkboard tech then praising it when the Pro dropped.

PSSR might end up being amazing. We'll see when it drops.

Like i said, it will pretty much solve how badly the performance modes look, which is enough for me cause i will play 60fps modes even with huge compromises

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I just watched the video and ya digital foundry kinda shyt on this lmaoooo.

They only seemed intrigued by PSSR and what that might bring.

Im buying anyway because it’s not gonna cost much after I sell my ps5 amateur but it did put expectations in check.

It’ll just provide a prettier picture and slightly better (more stable) frame rate for newer games. Fine with me.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
People never seem to realize a $500 box can only do so much. It's a lot of low tier components with some magic thrown in to make it all actually work right. The same can be said for the PS5 Pro.

If you want real power, gotta spend $2000 at least. You want top of the line everything, $6000 or so.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
If Sony can't pressure Rockstar into adding a 60fps performance mode for PS5 Pro, Sony might as well kill plans for the Pro altogether.
It's not their fault that the parts in the system cost what they do. A GPU that will run everything at 60fps and 4k is going to cost you as much as a PS5 itself.

If they get the game running at that frame rate people will complain that it looks bad. I think we just have to get used to having longer generations. I'm perfectly fine with that considering how much games cost now. It's becoming an industry that people are getting priced out of which just means that you'll go out of business. Because you won't have enough buyers.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
It's not their fault that the parts in the system cost what they do. A GPU that will run everything at 60fps and 4k is going to cost you as much as a PS5 itself.

If they get the game running at that frame rate people will complain that it looks bad. I think we just have to get used to having longer generations. I'm perfectly fine with that considering how much games cost now. It's becoming an industry that people are getting priced out of which just means that you'll go out of business. Because you won't have enough buyers.
I'm a believer that Sony should be making smaller and cheaper consoles, not Pro versions. That said, if they are going to release one, it needs to be able to run GTA6 at 60fps. There isn't any PC release date for it, so why wouldn't Rockstar want it to run at 60fps in some form? Sony is buying GPUs for much less than you can buy them for. First off, they aren't buying separate GPU cards, but the chips as part of an APU; far less components, and then they are purchasing them by the thousands. The PC equivalent a PS5 CPU is an AMD 3700x. If Sony can put in a GPU the equivalent of an RX 6800, they can run AAA games at 4k/60 on high settings, if the game is rendered at 1440p. Most AAA titles on consoles use dynamic resolution or checkerboarding anyway, so console gamers are use to it.