[Leak] Playstation 5 Pro is a Powerhouse

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Look at this cornball brother.. Deleted most of the quote which said I would suspect you need a 3080 to run it... Then laughs at the piece that makes it look like I said something else

Then the nikka with the actual info comes through and says you need a $1500-2000 to do exactly what I just said... Which would be 4-6 PS5s

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I feel pro consoles show that we need shorter gens . consoles should release every 6 years because technology moves quickly
this last gen had a long cross-gen period, and the new consoles still sold well. I think they can have shorter 'generations' if they're not quick to cut off last gen players

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
OK. Right now you'd need an AMD RX 7900 XTX + 5800X3D to play God Of War 4k/120fps natively using Ultra settings ($1500-$2000 PC build). An RTX 3070ti can do 4K/50fps native and reach 4k60fps using DLSS, but definitely ain't doing no 4k/120fps. To put this into context, PS5 runs God of War @4k/60 CBR (Checkerboard rendering) That's definitely not native. The PS5 also runs God of War Ragnarok @ 4k/30fps (Native) and 4k/60fps with dynamic scaling (1440p-2016p) This is all according to Digital Foundry (Videos are bookmarked).

The GPU equivalent to what's in a PS5 is an RX 6600XT with extra vram (16gb instead of 8gb). From what I'm hearing regarding the PS5 Pro, its GPU should be the equivalent of an RX 7700XT (This is what is impressing people), but with the same CPU from the regular PS5. That GPU/CPU combo ain't doing 4k/120fps native for AAA games. The old CPU will be a bottleneck.

Have you tried hooking up your son's PC to the same 4k TV that you use to play PS5 games? I promise you, you'll be shocked how much better your son's 3070ti rig compares to your PS5 playing the same games. PS5 games aren't the same as a PC game using Ultra settings. Here is comparison of God of War on PS5 vs PC using Ultra settings. There's about a 10% performance difference between a 3070ti and a 7700XT. If your son's PC has a much better CPU, then his system should give the PS5 Pro a run for its money.

Thank you brother... That's the info I needed. The googles was pretty much 90% of people saying you need such and such or else!!! My son wasn't too pressed about it so I just got him some other stuff.

But yea.. Seeing how the ps5 is doing a whole bunch of upscaling, they are basically cheating. And then telling the world, hey we bout to give you even better, but what they actually going to give you is just what they told you they gave you last time. But now it's gonna be native and not upscaled. But really they won't even do that for all games cause ain't no way

I appreciate the lesson

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I feel pro consoles show that we need shorter gens . consoles should release every 6 years because technology moves quickly

this last gen had a long cross-gen period, and the new consoles still sold well. I think they can have shorter 'generations' if they're not quick to cut off last gen players
They need to quit calling them “generations”

Just release new hardware when it makes sense and let the devs decide what hardware they want to support.

The whole idea of console “generations” is some old ass shyt

We have not had clearly defined generations since PS360

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Thank you brother... That's the info I needed. The googles was pretty much 90% of people saying you need such and such or else!!! My son wasn't too pressed about it so I just got him some other stuff.

But yea.. Seeing how the ps5 is doing a whole bunch of upscaling, they are basically cheating. And then telling the world, hey we bout to give you even better, but what they actually going to give you is just what they told you they gave you last time. But now it's gonna be native and not upscaled. But really they won't even do that for all games cause ain't no way

I appreciate the lesson
It’s not even gonna be native still. It’s just gonna be upscaled “better”

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
They need to quit calling them “generations”

Just release new hardware when it makes sense and let the devs decide what hardware they want to support.

The whole idea of console “generations” is some old ass shyt

We have not had clearly defined generations since PS360
To be fair, the companies never call them generations.. The public did

Mainly because when one company released a new system, so was every other company, right around the same time. But if they released them whenever new tech came out, or random benchmark times, nobody would have ever started naming them by generation

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Look at this cornball brother.. Deleted most of the quote which said I would suspect you need a 3080 to run it... Then laughs at the piece that makes it look like I said something else

Then the nikka with the actual info comes through and says you need a $1500-2000 to do exactly what I just said... Which would be 4-6 PS5s
you were talking about "native" 4k in response to the claims about Sony's PSSR upscaler. "native" means no upscaling

native 4k at 120hz is a tall task for any GPU including the 4090. and it requires the rest of the system to be top notch. it's not happening with this Pro console

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
To be fair, the companies never call them generations.. The public did

Mainly because when one company released a new system, so was every other company, right around the same time. But if they released them whenever new tech came out, or random benchmark times, nobody would have ever started naming them by generation

Hyping people up about generations is marketing shyt. But we’d all be better off to let that idea go

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:So we’re complaining about pro consoles now? Something everyone and their mother knew was coming. Even back then when the og 5 dropped people were saying. That they’ll wait for the pro consoles to release instead of buying the og system. And now it’s releasing and people asses are hurt about it.
So we acting like mid generation console refreshes are typical now :ohhh:

Last gen was the 1st generation of this.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The biggest issue is the the old hardware isn't cheap enough to even support people rotating out of a PS5 into a pro and PS4 users into a PS5.

I feel like releasing the PS5 pro this year or even at all isn't a good idea and is probably more just for the books or to stimulate software sales

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, it makes sense to go this route because it seems devs are going to spend first 2-3 years creating mostly cross-gen games. The early adopters are going to buy a new console regardless imo, so might as well have shorter gens.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The biggest issue is the the old hardware isn't cheap enough to even support people rotating out of a PS5 into a pro and PS4 users into a PS5.

I feel like releasing the PS5 pro this year or even at all isn't a good idea and is probably more just for the books or to stimulate software sales
For last gen the Pro consoles made sense in concept.

People had 4k TVs, with no 4k content

Problem is, PS4 pro couldn’t actually do 4k content.

Now PS5 can’t do 4K content, and they wanna sell another console based on the idea of 4k content :dwillhuh: