Lets have a discussion about the RAW Cruiserweight Division / 205 Live

Do you enjoy the Cruiserweight Division?

• Yes, much needed change of pace from the dreadful 3 hours of RAW

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • No, throw those vanilla midgets to the bushes where they belong.

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Meh, they need to make it more like the CWC

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • 2005 #SDSet Juniors Division >>>>>>>

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
Double Talk says 205 Live has been an absolute flop in terms of viewership, NXT has regularly done better numbers than it... and it's taped.

So that leads me to ask, does TSC pay any attention to the cruisers at all?

As for me, I just use the CWs as bathroom breaks these days.... and I skip 205 live until 10:45ish because that's when Talkin Smack starts.

Even the dedicated 205 Live thread is a graveyard.

Straw Hat Luffy

Superstar
Daps
I don't watch that shyt. And I've been at a smackdown recently. Half the crowd left before 205 even started.

The shyt isn't working because of Vince.
Nobody gonna get over on 3 min matches and nobody gives a damn about these guys enough to watch another hour of wrestling on the network.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The TJP/Gallagher match from last week was really good, so was Neville/Mustafa Ali from the Raw after Mania (even though the crowd wasn't paying attention).

The problem is that nobody cares because there are too many cruiserweights and not enough character development for them. How many of them are there now, like 20? I couldn't tell you a thing about more than five of them.

ADK

Cleaner, I got this.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
It's good, crowd is always dead tho. Neville has been great, show has had too many set backs with injuries or other shyt not being figured out. They should have never made their debut with that weird ass Bollywood Boyz match. They looked kinda lost but I see they're working in NXT now.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Having the division the way they present it, it's completely unattached to the main roster but still secondary to it. It's hard enough to give a fukk about the mid card of 2 different shows AND NXT.

Also, the payoff is worthless. The greatest pinnacle anyone in the Division can reach is a belt half the 205 roster has already held. And then what? Do you graduate to the main roster?

There just isn't a reason to really care about it, we aren't even getting classic in ring work. These guys ain't super athletic like Prime Mysterio, Jueventud and the real cruisers back in the day. I have no doubt AJ Styles could outwork every single person in the 205 division

Apex

Banned
Daps
I gave up on it after like a month and a half. The show is billed as "the most exciting hour of TV" and as an alternative to the mainstay WWE product, yet they wrestle just like the heavyweights, the matches are slow, and the aerial moves are limited. The entire direction of the brand and division is just SD/Raw-Lite. Why should I care to watch when I get 5 hours of typical WWE programming already on back-to-back nights and the show is not a true alternative like NXT is
This isn't the case when Mustafa Ali and TJ Perkins are wrestling.

Karamellion

Shucks It's Crazy
Daps
Reppin
Gizzy, Aotearoa
I get the WWE style for Raw and SD, but you need to have something different stylewise to make people care about the cruisers.

Watching the CWC was a breath of fresh air. The matches weren't all flippy do da's, but stylistically they felt DIFFERENT. Now everybody is wrestling the same match with restholds galore.

If they're going to be booked in 3 minute matches let them have spot fests that get people hooked. 3 minutes of restholds and a dropkick isn't doing anybody any favours.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
205 Live a HHH vanity project that Vince signed off because he did well with NXT and the initial positive feedback from the Tournament. It's never going to get the long term shine it needs because it isn't Vince's idea.

Psychosis

NYC
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't watch it and I'm a huge cw stan. I feel like its the same 4 dudes fighting each other. And the action is boring as fukk. There's more high flying in a Charlotte Sasha match :mjlol: The only dude who wrestles the old wcw cw style is Mustafa Ali.:ehh:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
They've had a few standout matches, but outside of those matches, and about 4 CWs in general, the presentation has been bad. Why would you pile a board of CWs onto one show with aimless matches and no direction and think people will care, along with having 205 Live AFTER Smackdown? Such a stupid decision. You really think after seeing a great AJ Styles match or Usos vs American Alpha tear the house down again that a crowd wants to see Drew Gulak?? :laff: