Lets Talk GTAV for Nintendo Switch

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
The guy who leaked about LA Noir coming for Switch says according to the same source, he thinks GTAV is next. I wouldn't be surprised if this was true because I am one of the many gamers who flooded Rockstar's email last year when a rep on their customer support page said that if we wanted GTAV for Nintendo Switch then we should send them an email.

GTA5 Just turned 4 years old last week. It made more money in shark cards this fiscal year than any other year. Grand Theft Auto 5 tops 75 million units shipped. It would be no surprise if GTAV for the Nintendo Switch was ported just so that Rockstar can make more money from Shark Cards off Nintendo's loyal fans since microtransactions are the real money maker right now. Just look at the abomination that is EA's NBALive.

We know Reggie wants it.

http://m.au.ign.com/articles/2017/0...s-all-the-biggest-third-party-games-on-switch

“We want every high-quality game to have an opportunity to be played on Nintendo Switch," Reggie Fils-Aime, Nintendo of America's president and chief operating officer told IGN in an interview at E3 2017. "Every single one. Fill in the blank of third-party, high-quality game really wanted on Nintendo Switch; the answer is yes."

GTAV will probably be the 360/PS3 720p/30fps version with higher texture compression and some visual enhancements because the PS4/Xbone version would drain battery life too fast. Here's a comparison between PS3/PS4 GTA. Some of the nature environments of the PS3 version look almost as good as Zelda BoTW.

Some gamers have asssumed that the Switch is too weak for GTAV but I disagree. If Doom, Skyrim and all it's DLC (14.3GB) and Wolfenstein 2 can fit on Switch, so can GTAV. The PS3 version of GTAV was 36GB so with Nintendo's superior compression technology they should get the game down to 16GB or so and due to DLC content for GTA Online, we would need an SD card.

The Nintendo Switch has 4GB of ram which is far more RAM than the 256Mb that the 360/PS3 version had available for the game. The 256Mb Ram limitation is what caused Rockstar to no longer be able to support GTA Online for 360/PS3. That won't be an issue with the Nintendo Switch and it's possible we could see some exclusive Nintendo Switch DLC content such as Mario Karts and costumes.

Maybe Rockstar is taking so long to bring GTAV over to Nintendo Switch because it wants to add the single player DLC they have promised us and failed to deliver over the past 4 years in order to justify releasing GTAV again at full price. However, this I doubt because Leslie Benzies was fired and now working on a new game. He was a large reason why the single player campaign was so good in the first place.

Maybe they are also adding new music. It's a 4 year old game and sometimes licenses change. Hopefully we get better music cause the soundtrack was kind of bland.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
As realistic as it seems, Nintendo won't let GTA Online live in its current state

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
The guy who leaked about LA Noir coming for Switch says according to the same source, he thinks GTAV is next. I wouldn't be surprised if this was true because I am one of the many gamers who flooded Rockstar's email last year when a rep on their customer support page said that if we wanted GTAV for Nintendo Switch then we should send them an email.

GTA5 Just turned 4 years old last week. It made more money in shark cards this fiscal year than any other year. Grand Theft Auto 5 tops 75 million units shipped. It would be no surprise if GTAV for the Nintendo Switch was ported just so that Rockstar can make more money from Shark Cards off Nintendo's loyal fans since microtransactions are the real money maker right now. Just look at the abomination that is EA's NBALive.

We know Reggie wants it.

http://m.au.ign.com/articles/2017/0...s-all-the-biggest-third-party-games-on-switch

“We want every high-quality game to have an opportunity to be played on Nintendo Switch," Reggie Fils-Aime, Nintendo of America's president and chief operating officer told IGN in an interview at E3 2017. "Every single one. Fill in the blank of third-party, high-quality game really wanted on Nintendo Switch; the answer is yes."

GTAV will probably be the 360/PS3 720p/30fps version with higher texture compression and some visual enhancements because the PS4/Xbone version would drain battery life too fast. Here's a comparison between PS3/PS4 GTA. Some of the nature environments of the PS3 version look almost as good as Zelda BoTW.

Some gamers have asssumed that the Switch is too weak for GTAV but I disagree. If Doom, Skyrim and all it's DLC (14.3GB) and Wolfenstein 2 can fit on Switch, so can GTAV. The PS3 version of GTAV was 36GB so with Nintendo's superior compression technology they should get the game down to 16GB or so and due to DLC content for GTA Online, we would need an SD card.

The Nintendo Switch has 4GB of ram which is far more RAM than the 256Mb that the 360/PS3 version had available for the game. The 256Mb Ram limitation is what caused Rockstar to no longer be able to support GTA Online for 360/PS3. That won't be an issue with the Nintendo Switch and it's possible we could see some exclusive Nintendo Switch DLC content such as Mario Karts and costumes.

Maybe Rockstar is taking so long to bring GTAV over to Nintendo Switch because it wants to add the single player DLC they have promised us and failed to deliver over the past 4 years in order to justify releasing GTAV again at full price. However, this I doubt because Leslie Benzies was fired and now working on a new game. He was a large reason why the single player campaign was so good in the first place.

Maybe they are also adding new music. It's a 4 year old game and sometimes licenses change. Hopefully we get better music cause the soundtrack was kind of bland.

I don't care how many articles you pull up, GTA5 is not coming to switch. Not intact at least. Nintendo is a kids gaming system. Or you can call it a family system if that applies..no fam then :ufdup:

But the point is GTA is an adult game. People who play that have it. Nobody buys a Nintendo wanting to play GTA on it. I wouldn't buy it for my kids. They don't make similar games on Nintendo either. Last time Nintendo allowed that type of stuff was conker.

Finally, GTA5 is doing numbers because of online. You saying Nintendo would allow that? Is Nintendo capable of running that online? You gonna exchange friendcodes before you go out to murder? Don't even sound right slim :stop:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I don't care how many articles you pull up, GTA5 is not coming to switch. Not intact at least. Nintendo is a kids gaming system. Or you can call it a family system if that applies..no fam then :ufdup:

But the point is GTA is an adult game. People who play that have it. Nobody buys a Nintendo wanting to play GTA on it. I wouldn't buy it for my kids. They don't make similar games on Nintendo either. Last time Nintendo allowed that type of stuff was conker.

Finally, GTA5 is doing numbers because of online. You saying Nintendo would allow that? Is Nintendo capable of running that online? You gonna exchange friendcodes before you go out to murder? Don't even sound right slim :stop:
You know Doom and Wolfenstein 2 for Switch aren't kid games right? They're just as bad as GTAV

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
You know Doom and Wolfenstein 2 for Switch aren't kid games right? They're just as bad as GTAV
They just as bad :stop:
One is a real life simulation with prostitutes, drug deals, the dialogue would need to be completely revamped, the online world would need to be altered as well. In doom you fight the devil, its basically Cuphead :troll: Wolfenstien isn't and never was confused with GTA. How is it as bad, explain

While I'll wait for you, let me show how the switch port of the games you mentioned look like trash, Digital Foundry: Hands-on with Switch's 'impossible' Doom port

Now why would anyone but that unless they wasn't allowed to have an Xbox/ps4/pc

And if that was really the reason, then that parent isn't buying that kid an M rated game. That's all I'm saying, that's why it will flop. GTA will not follow. Could not be done on switch without remaking it from scratch which isn't happening. Sorry

Last edited:

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
If GTA 5 came to the Switch, online would be a big issue since it's constantly being updated.

The base game could work no problem barring some sacrifices in visuals.

Last edited:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
They just as bad :stop:
One is a real life simulation with prostitutes, drug deals, the dialogue would need to be completely revamped, the online world would need to be altered as well. In doom you fight the devil, its basically Cuphead :troll: Wolfenstien isn't and never was confused with GTA. How is it as bad, explain

While I'll wait for you, let me show how the switch port of the games you mentioned look like trash, Digital Foundry: Hands-on with Switch's 'impossible' Doom port

Now why would anyone but that unless they wasn't allowed to have an Xbox/ps4/pc

And if that was really the reason, then that parent isn't buying that kid an M rated game. That's all I'm saying, that's why it will flop. GTA will not follow. Could not be done on switch without remaking it from scratch which isn't happening. Sorry
I don't have to explain, you just need to watch the trailers. There's Nazis, KKK members, sex scenes, racism, gory violence and lots of swearing, some of which can be seen here:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
I don't have to explain, you just need to watch the trailers. There's Nazis, KKK members, sex scenes, racism, gory violence and lots of swearing, some of which can be seen here:

You're not being rational. A curse word isn't the deal breaker. And the sex scene is just that. A comedic cut scene that is pushing the boundaries. But is it GTA?

Nintendo had its own GTA, u ever play it? Could you bang tutes? There is a difference, GTA 5 will not make it to Switch. If Nintendo is on par powerwise next gen, then this topic can be possibility imo

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
You're not being rational. A curse word isn't the deal breaker. And the sex scene is just that. A comedic cut scene that is pushing the boundaries. But is it GTA?

Nintendo had its own GTA, u ever play it? Could you bang tutes? There is a difference, GTA 5 will not make it to Switch. If Nintendo is on par powerwise next gen, then this topic can be possibility imo
I don't think Nintendo cares anymore. Lookit this nikka Reggie practically begging for 3rd party games. I've never seen Nintendo this desperate: http://m.au.ign.com/articles/2017/0...s-all-the-biggest-third-party-games-on-switch

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
I don't think Nintendo cares anymore. Lookit this nikka Reggie practically begging for 3rd party games. I've never seen Nintendo this desperate: http://m.au.ign.com/articles/2017/0...s-all-the-biggest-third-party-games-on-switch
He was more desperate when the developers left in the first place during the Wii era. This is his pitch to get them to come back but he don't know what the fukk he's doing anymore. Or, Nintendo doesn't and he's trying to fix it but not happening with just these games. The damage is done, most gamers are not in your position for a reason :francis: