Liberal hypocrisy fueling American inequality (video)

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I think I’ve come to the point where I feel like each side is an expression of American Imperialism and exceptionalism either way. Liberals sell themselves to people by doing bare minimums and presenting themselves as the sane ones in the room while Conservatives sell themselves to people through fear and presenting themselves as the sane ones in the room.

fukk both of them and their pretensions. They need to be upended instead of being looked at as solutions or good standards.

SwizzLake

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Liberal equality means we come together to be depraved under the banner of sex drugs and debauchery not economics, education and fair friendly competition.

Basically. You cannot continue to vote against your own interest. Dem's only want your support to push their perverted lifestyle forward, they don't want you living in their neighborhoods.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Where's that video of the jewish lady saying her and her kid is not racist. He's just has a phobia of tall people. :russ: :mjlol: :scust:
I remember that. There was a plan to bring an alternative high school to their neighborhood. For dropouts and students with behavioral problems.

I wouldn't want it in my neighborhood either. But for appearances, that woman stood up at the meeting and said that "bu bu but it's because they're tawl" Yes, "tawl".....that old school Brooklyn New Yawk accent.

hehehehehe

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Liberal equality means we come together to be depraved under the banner of sex drugs and debauchery not economics, education and fair friendly competition.
What’s hilarious is you really think like this.
“Education and fair friendly competition “:mjlol:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Basically. You cannot continue to vote against your own interest. Dem's only want your support to push their perverted lifestyle forward, they don't want you living in their neighborhoods.
They'll give a solidarity hug filled with phony cultural acknowledgement to keep your vote that they'll then translate into nothing but broken promises

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
1) what’s the point of trying to center the conversation on me?

2) this point was actually made at the end of the video - which this is thecoli, no one watches/reads, just comments. For all the BS liberal hypocrisy, liberal states do a better job of providing some form of socioeconomic mobility.
I actually watched the video.

And I appreciate the irony in bolded being your major takeaway.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high

I saw this video a couple weeks ago. It may have even been posted by someone here.

It's worth discussing but the comparisons made between the States aren't fair. A lot more information and a more direct comparison would have made the video better.

At the end of it, I remember wanting to do MORE research, there wasn't enough info in the video to form an educated opinion

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
Belief in outdated rent control and housing policies is at the center of this.

Let more low income folks move into high income areas and build more housing in those high income areas. Further high income areas are highly correlated with good public schools, and so having more low income folks means low income kids have a greater chance at a good education.

Thus, fixing housing policy kills two birds with one stone. This also avoids policy and rhetoric being etched in that hollow grandstanding "culture" ish. And so, good find OP. :smugfavre:
NIMBY

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The video is sorta clickbaity (the comparisons and cherry-picking is awful, it's not a data-driven analysis) but the underlying message is correct.

Rich people practice NIMBYism and are more concerned with protecting their own interests rather than helpful the poor, regardless of political party or race.

I'm :dwillhuh: at the thread though cause several commenters including OP are the literal embodiment of this.

I wouldn't want it in my neighborhood either. But for appearances, that woman stood up at the meeting and said that "bu bu but it's because they're tawl" Yes, "tawl".....that old school Brooklyn New Yawk accent.

hehehehehe

You seem to have come into this thread to play internet games. Is that because you're too obtuse to see that people like you and @dora_da_destroyer are literally the embodiment of the problem being discussed (the desire by well-off people to increase economic segregation and fukk over the poor to "protect" the upper middle class), or is it that you full well realize it and like things the way they are?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I saw this video a couple weeks ago. It may have even been posted by someone here.

It's worth discussing but the comparisons made between the States aren't fair. A lot more information and a more direct comparison would have made the video better.

At the end of it, I remember wanting to do MORE research, there wasn't enough info in the video to form an educated opinion

It was pretty bad. Like they quickly flashed that table showing that 7 of the 10 more regressive tax states are red and an 8th is Nevada, but somehow focused on the 2 blue states on the list? That's just pure cherry-picking.

But the main message, that rich people in rich communities are at the center of blocking policy that would help poor people, and the fact that is true regardless of party affiliation, is certainly true and I think they demonstrated that decently well. They didn't really show whether rich dems do better or worse than rich republicans do (they didn't even cover rich republican policy at all), so I think it's more effective as an in-house analysis showing partisan dems what they're lacking than any objective outside comparison.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
The video is sorta clickbaity (the comparisons and cherry-picking is awful, it's not a data-driven analysis) but the underlying message is correct.

Rich people practice NIMBYism and are more concerned with protecting their own interests rather than helpful the poor, regardless of political party or race.

I'm :dwillhuh: at the thread though cause several commenters including OP are the literal embodiment of this.

You seem to have come into this thread to play internet games. Is that because you're too obtuse to see that people like you and @dora_da_destroyer are literally the embodiment of the problem being discussed (the desire by well-off people to increase economic segregation and fukk over the poor to "protect" the upper middle class), or is it that you full well realize it and like things the way they are?
what policies do i champion to increase economic segregation? :jbhmm: