Libertarian Party is surging in National Polls

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Looking more and more like there will be a real third party in this county. The Libertarians are close to getting 15% in national polls.

"Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton may not be the only candidates at the next presidential debate.

All eyes are on the 2016 Republican National Convention this week, but Libertarian Party nominee Gary Johnson has gained in the latest CNN/ORC poll. In a four-way matchup between Trump, Clinton and Green Party candidate Jill Stein, Johnson is up four points to 13 percent compared to Clinton's 42 percent, Trump's 37 percent and Stein's 5 percent.

If Johnson, former governor of New Mexico, polls at least 15 percent in five national public opinion polls before the first presidential debate, he'll be eligible to appear on the stage with the Democratic and Republican nominees. A recent CBS/New York Times poll had Johnson at 12 percent, according to the Libertarian Republic.

The Los Angeles Times reports "The Price is Right" host Drew Carey, a registered Republican who identifies as Libertarian, is hosting a fundraiser for Johnson this Saturday.

"Our goal is to help Gary reach the magic 15 percent number in national polls, which will place him on the big debate stage with Donald and Hillary," an invitation says. "And if that occurs, then all bets are off on who our next president will be!"

Former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura endorsed Johnson for the White House last week in an op-ed for CNBC.

"I like everything Gary Johnson has said so far. He's fiscally conservative and socially liberal – something neither Democrats nor Republicans can offer. He also has a solid plan for bringing our troops home and restoring our economy. And, like me, he's a firm believer that marijuana should be legal," Ventura wrote.

Johnson, described as "The Libertarians' Secret Weapon" by The New Yorker, told the magazine that he stopped getting high earlier this year to focus on the campaign.

"As President, I will not indulge in anything," Johnson vowed. "I don't think you want somebody answering the phone at two o'clock in the morning—that red phone—drunk, either. Better on the stoned side, but I don't want to make that judgment."

Johnson previously ran for president in 2012 on the Libertarian ticket, but received less than one percent of votes. He told the publication that he hopes his running mate William Weld, former governor of Massachusetts, will make him the first serious third-party presidential candidate since Ross Perot ran as an independent in 1992.

Perot won a spot in the presidential debates, receiving 19 percent of the votes against Bill Clinton and George H. W. Bush. Johnson hopes to do the same -- and more.

"If you're not in the debates, there's no way to win," Johnson told The New Yorker. "It's the Super Bowl of politics."

Libertarian Party candidate Gary Johnson may get to debate Trump, Clinton

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's all good until critics point to Somalia as their shining example of a "utopian" libertarian society.

And then these libertarians hit that

3kkpkfo-gif.3195

And sure, libertarian Somalia is an easy joke to make, but it's also true.

:sas2:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Libertarian Presidential candidate is former New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson.
The Libertarian Vice-Presidential candidate is former Massachusetts Governor William Weld.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Don't believe any of these polls, but trust and believe these electronic voting machines bave not been properly svaluated since the 2000 slection.

DarrynCobretti

Fresh out the bed, count up the dead
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
All this drip on me
If I'm voting for a 3rd party, it damn sure ain't Gary "progressive conservative" Johnson. Johnson is 63 and spent 58 years out of that 63 registered as a republican and it shows in essentially all his stances which have barely changed.:camby:

Jill Stein is clearly the best option out of all the candidates left in the field and best 3rd party choice by far - from a which old cac politician is least likely to say the N word behind closed doors perspective.
She's essentially what Hillary tries to present herself as and wishes she was - instead the actual lying, untrustworthy, pandering POS snake that she really is.

Last edited:

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
But what about Jill Stein and her running mate...:mjcry:
p_ajamu_baraka.jpg

Either way there is hope...:mjcry:
They will surge after the 17th. Then, they will get another townhall and make nightshow appearances like Johnson/and Weld. I think both if they get high profile endorsements can make it to 15%. Stein and Baraka are very intelligent people, so I trust their judgement.

Last edited:

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
If I'm voting for a 3rd party, it damn sure ain't Gary "progressive conservative" Johnson. Johnson is 63 and spent 58 years out of that 63 registered as a republican and it shows in essentially all his stances which have barely changed.:camby:

Jill Stein is clearly the best option out of all the candidates left in the field and best 3rd party choice by far - from a which old cac politician is least likely to say the N word behind closed doors perspective.
She's essentially what Hillary tries to present herself as and wishes she was - instead the actual lying, untrustworthy, pandering POS snake that she really is.
Breh was a registered republican at 5 years old? :what: