Lie about making $24Gz a year to get a $700 NY apt when you really make $238,000 crehs

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
As they say, only in NY :mjlol:

Stockbroker loses cheap apartment after lying about $238G salary

banker5n-1-web.jpg

The suite life may be over for a stockbroker who snagged a subsidized $722-a-month apartment in a far West Side luxury apartment tower, a judge has ruled.

Stockpicker David Sans claimed a $24,000 salary to win a coveted low-rent apartment inside the luxe Ohm apartment tower — shortly before registering a salary of $238,000 on his tax forms.

Sans was one of 160 high-income tenants caught by state Controller Thomas DiNapoli last year renting subsidized apartments meant for low-income tenants.

The building's owners, Douglaston Development, sued Sans in Manhattan Housing Court and last month Judge Jack Stoller ruled that they could evict him.

Stoller found that Sans did not have a legitimate explanation for the huge and timely jump in his salary shortly after winning approval for the cheap apartment.

The Ohm was awarded a huge tax break known as 421-a in exchange for setting aside 20% of its apartments as “affordable.” The Daily News first exposed Sans' arrangement in June.

Last year Douglaston sued Sans, alleging he committed fraud by under-reporting his true income to obtain the low-rent apartment.

In his Jan. 29 ruling, Judge Stoller found Sans’ “sizable under-reporting of his income implicates his eligibility to be a tenant in the subject premises and constitutes a material misrepresentation.”

Matthew Sweeney, a spokesman for DiNapoli, said, "With the city desperately in need of affordable housing, it's vital that agencies follow through to ensure these apartments go to those who need and deserve them."

Sans could not be reached for comment

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I don't blame him. Fukk the system as it fukks you. 2g one bedroom apartments are symptomatic of how out of control inflation within renting is. Since the government is unable to do anything about it, and since property owners are being excessively greedy while soothing their conscious with Henry Hazlitt in mind, then I say fukk it. I'm sorry he got caught. Wish he would have burned the building down.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

Matthew Sweeney, a spokesman for DiNapoli, said, "With the city desperately in need of affordable housing, it's vital that agencies follow through to ensure these apartments go to those who need and deserve them."

Sans could not be reached for comment

well no shyt. So instead of having the proper verification in place during the application process, the city rather pay agencies to catch people after the fact? :gucci:

The city is swindling its citizens and tax payers in addition to blocking low income renters from affordable housing...leave it to government to fukk things up on both sides :rudy:

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
He’s a dikk. He makes more gab enough money to live off of. 238,000? It’s nothing for him to pay 2gs for a 1 bedroom somewhere:gucci:

Now for the median income folk who are struggling to pay renf(like most Americans), I wouldn’t give a damn if they lied:manny:

Not in the UWS

But I thought it would be hasadic person, they are the king of gaming the system