LIL WAYNE TELLS the STORY of when JAY Z TRIED TO SIGN HIM for $175,000

Should Lil Wayne have signed with Jay-Z When he was Offered?

• Hell Yeah!

• Nah- Cash Money made him

• Should have gone indie

Results are only viewable after voting.
Daps

I think its fair to say regardless of advance or money, Jay Z probably would have gotten Wayne a better bacc end deal on long money stuff like catalog, publishing, masters-- also the fact that Baby doesnt pay no matter what "deal" was signed...

what yall think? Should Wayne have taken tha deal? :jbhmm:

Daps
Wayne needs a podcast where he just talks about all of his industry stories. It's insane how he's so young, but got so many years in :salute:

i agree. but i feel he is laccing business sense.. notice he just said "175k" maybe that was the advance, or all we know he was offering 50/50 split on evrything, you kep your masters etc :manny:

McSpacey

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
i agree. but i feel he is laccing business sense.. notice he just said "175k" maybe that was the advance, or all we know he was offering 50/50 split on evrything, you kep your masters etc :manny:

I agree. It's gonna take him some time cause he was purposefully sheltered. Bird didn't and doesn't want him to know the ins & outs. He just wanted Wayne to remain the artist aka cash cow which coming from nothing most likely seemed like a good deal to Wayne, but now he's waking up and sees there's so much more potential. He seems focused now though so hopefully he figures it out.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
He would've been better off with Hov. I've heard Dame dash talk about Jay-Z going corporate, but I never heard one of his artist say Jay-Z doesn't pay them. Nothing from Cole, Rihanna, Ora, etc.