Lil Wayne Wants To Headline 2025 Super Bowl In New Orleans: 'I've Earned That Moment'

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Lil Wayne has revealed just how badly he wants to headline the 2025 Super Bowl in his hometown of New Orleans.

During an interview with Taylor Rooks for Bleacher Report, Weezy talked about his desire to perform at Super Bowl LIX, which is being held at Caesars Superdome on February 9, 2025.

“Just as bad as I wanted to see my name at the top of that list when I was whatever age it was and I would bust into the office and get that Billboard magazine,” he said about wanting to perform.

“Just as an artist, you know, ’cause this has nothing to do with the sport. As an artist, this is an achievement. This has nothing to do with the sport — that’s so crazy. I don’t care what teams are playing, what city it’s in. ‘You performed for the what?!’ Like, what? Oh man, so that right there is an achievement.”

Lil Wayne went on to list some of his favorite career moments including performing at the Grammys and his Lil Weezyana Fest, but said the Super Bowl is still on his bucket list.

“Thank God I’ve been on the Grammy stage, and my name has been called, and I’ve won. And I’ve performed at the Grammys and that’s amazing,” he said.

“But I know for a fact that when I do the Lil Weezyana Fest, there’s like a trillion people out there, and being in front of my city and seeing that many people is amazing. So that right there is amazing.”

He added: “So to know that a Super Bowl would be… what?! Going to the Super Bowl and watching the Halftime Show and wishing, when you see the artist, you be like, ‘They could’ve sung the song that I was featured on!’ I’m featured on everybody’s song — you could’ve brought me out!”

The Young Money leader then looked into the camera and apologized to his friends and collaborators ahead of time, saying he plans on bringing out precisely zero guests.

“Please do not feel disrespected if you’re an artist from New Orleans, an artist tied to me any kind of way in the music [industry], but know that’s my moment and I earned that moment. So no, I’m not bringing no one!” he said.

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
This nikka acting entitled to headline the Super Bowl and stating he’s bringing out zero guest. Good luck with that shyt. Also, how you clamoring for this spot as an ambassador to New Orleans and not even a saints fan. I think breh is a die hard packers fan. How you gonna be born a raised in the NO, publicly be a packers fan, then demand he headline the superbowl in the NO and not gonna share the spotlight with anyone. He may very well be part of the performance but he is not gonna headline with no guest. Not happening

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean he is cool with the director i would put it in the air too

he could ask directly but if there is a a hi demand for him to do it then it will be noticed

and it will be done

I just dont know what songs

go DJ

a millie would rock out there

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
He would rock that shyt.

A Milli
Lollipop(I hate that song but people love it)
Uproar
Stunting Like My Daddy
Go DJ
Bring out Juve and Mannie and do Bling Bling :wow:
He could bring out guest whose songs he was featured on. Which is everybody in the industry (good and bad)

Wayne would be a fun show and he’s a sports dude.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
He would rock that shyt.

A Milli
Lollipop(I hate that song but people love it)
Uproar
Stunting Like My Daddy
Go DJ
Bring out Juve and Mannie and do Bling Bling :wow:
He could bring out guest whose songs he was featured on. Which is everybody in the industry (good and bad)

Wayne would be a fun show and he’s a sports dude.
And he could bring out a jazz band for some classic NOLA vibes :wow:

Right Above It would be a good song choice too.

Mr Carter :wow:

He has too many hits.