[link] Washington Post: Listening to the post-verbal brilliance of Young Thug

10:31

Superstar
Daps
I.If rap music is an attempt to make sense of this world out of rhythm and rhyme, then the music of Young Thug is the sound of that world being dismantled. You can hear what he’s doing as a sluice of electric gibberish. Or you can hear it as the post-verbal eruption that best reflects the incomprehensibility of the right now, an inside-out soliloquy for our scrambled American mood. Either way, he’s a thriller.

A loss for words: Listening to the post-verbal brilliance of Young Thug

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
I.If rap music is an attempt to make sense of this world out of rhythm and rhyme, then the music of Young Thug is the sound of that world being dismantled. You can hear what he’s doing as a sluice of electric gibberish. Or you can hear it as the post-verbal eruption that best reflects the incomprehensibility of the right now, an inside-out soliloquy for our scrambled American mood. Either way, he’s a thriller.

A loss for words: Listening to the post-verbal brilliance of Young Thug

What a pseudo-intellectual write-up(not directed at O/P). The nikka is just good at harmonizing and crooning, smh at " 'inside-out' soliloquy for our scrambled American mood".

Try too hard to get an artist, brehs :mjlol:

Last edited:

Superstar
Daps
I see the trolls are out stuck on the title and the first paragraph yet I challenge you all to read the full story so we can have a civil discussion around Thug's art

Superstar
Daps
shyt is a JOKE breh:dead:

"What’s more, the flexibility of his voice allows him to pull from a wider, weirder spectrum of sensations. He can rap melodically, emotively and wordlessly, as if he’s suffering hiccups of ecstasy, or choking to death on a Funyun, or sobbing hysterically into a silk pillowcases."

blackslash

Superstar
Daps
"What’s more, the flexibility of his voice allows him to pull from a wider, weirder spectrum of sensations. He can rap melodically, emotively and wordlessly, as if he’s suffering hiccups of ecstasy, or choking to death on a Funyun, or sobbing hysterically into a silk pillowcases."
:laff: Im cryin

• Dap
Reactions: IVS