listening to Come Home With Me on it's anniversary and...

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
i forgot how well this album was sequenced.
especially how they did Daydreaming to Come Home With Me.

Cam, Hip-Hop and Guru did the thing on here. you could tell how important an album this was for Cam.
album aged well...only songs i don't like really care for now are I Just Wanna (edit- I take this back, I was bugging) and Tomorrow.

was just turning 14 when this dropped and between hear mixtape stuff and the album Cam became one of my favorite rappers. its one of those album that hold a special place in my heart along with...Blueprint, Stillmatic, Get Rich Or Die Trying and Diplomatic Immunity.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

old boy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
killa took his already dope lyricism to another level on this album bro. first album it was more in tune with what mase, dmx and the lox were doing. not that he was a biter but all them nikkas had a similar delivery, shout out to herb mcgruff who comes to mind too. then next album he gets more in his bag with the flow. still hilarious but the flow becomes tighter and more potent. then we get to this album where killa cam's delivery, bars, character and persona becomes god like. i can honestly play this straight through no skips. classic bro

oh and can we talk about bleek's verse on the roc? good god :damn:

Sinister

Banned
Daps
i forgot how well this album was sequenced.
especially how they did Daydreaming to Come Home With Me.

Cam, Hip-Hop and Guru did the thing on here. you could tell how important an album this was for Cam.
album aged well...only songs i don't like really care for now are I Just Wanna and Tomorrow.

was just turning 14 when this dropped and between hear mixtape stuff and the album Cam became one of my favorite rappers. its one of those album that hold a special place in my heart along with...Blueprint, Stillmatic, Get Rich Or Die Trying and Diplomatic Immunity.

giphy.gif

I love the loop/sample of D'Angelo for I just wanna and how the hook comes in.

Tomorrow was the bloodshed tribute track Cam needed for himself.

Boy boy is probably the track I liked least.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I remember going after school with 3 friends to buy this, and the first one we played was "Welcome To NYC", the first 10 or so are really solid, then there's Boy Boy and Tomorrow, and I Just Wanna, which don't quite work, but the majority is fire. Plus, the classic, if deeply misogynist "On Fire", and 'Stop Calling Tonight", Jim wrecked his verse on the title track, and Santana killed Losing Weight 2. What a dope moment in the game, and a soundtrack to 2002, I was 15 and in 10th grade.

Daydreaming was kinda my track too, on the low lol smoking blunts and thinking about your high school crushes

It is overproduced, and the tone is all over the place, with Cam throwing out barely sincere bars and then saying some shyt like "I stole 10 dollars out the collection plate"

Tell me girls....Disneyworld?
:deadmanny:

Standing there beautiful like what I'm gon' do with you
You wanted me to go to school and just play ball
What I do? Go to school with that 8-ball

I forgot about how much I liked those bars LOL

Classic Killa Cam

Last edited:

QU Hectic

Superstar
Daps
Classic Roc release. That album cover with him holding his son and a historic Harlem is iconic.