looking back, Deontay Wilder and Anthony Joshua ruined their trajectories not fighting in 2018 or 2019

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
Wilder fumbled the bag and admitted as such in that tweet and changed his whole career trajectory going after Fury who exposed him for what ppl like myself had been saying for a good min..which I also told you..Wilder is a one trick pony

Again They both fumbled the bag. There were times in 2018 amd early 2019, where that fight could ve been done and signed sealed delivered. It takes two sides for a negotiation and AJs team didn't get serious about a Wilder fight until early 2019 when Wilder Fury I was a draw.

If anyone is telling me that AJ Wilder fight wasn't prime in 2018 and early 2019, I'm gonna call u a liar.

And breh. I know he is a one trick pony. My Eagles brethren, why are u treating me like some Wilder sycophant :heh: I have noticed u have been talking about him techincally for years especially his footwork.

I definitely admitted that after that second Fury fight and knew it deep down after that first one. I always said he should stay away from Fury after the first fight.

Maybe he doesnt feel right at that 220 weight range.:manny:

Maybe at the 210-215, he feels better and therefore moves better cause he is more cognizant of the level of the competition he has been facing lately (i.e. Ortiz and Fury, who are counter punchers, technically sound and who have an offensive repetoire and therefore he needs to be more athletic to avoid punches).

I think, All Deontay has as a trump card is that right hand and he is looking for any added advantage that is not god-given and learned through training and repetition since a fighter was a small child.

Just imagine how lethal he would be if he learned those technical skills to be an effective counter puncher. :wow:

I took it like a G. I'm a fan of Wilder and accepted this loss. But after the first fight, I was like Wilder should avoid and duck Fury like the plague.

I just remember Wilder losing the fight on points through 11 in the first fight:mjcry:, then that 12th round, Mad hype to see Wilder finally put Fury's lights out:krs:. Saw him get up:wtf:. Then I was like Wilder finna put this boy away:smugbiden:. Then to my horror, Fury started to walk Wilder down and was fukking him up to end the 12th :damn: then the judges gave Wilder a draw:whew:.

I was like bring on AJ and let's never see that crackhead Fury ever again:hubie:.

Then hype off the Braizzelle and Ortiz knock out, and forgetting what I saw in the first fight. I was like Wilder finna knock this cac out early too :smugbiden:

Then last saturday night, I wasnt expecting that demolishing tho :picard:. Something was wrong with him. I dont know wat it was but something was off with him. It had to be :to:

I still think Wilder can knock out Fury tho even after what happened Saturday night:lolbron:

However, my problem with u is that based on the combination of ur status as a boxing purist with Wilder's lack of technical skill with some of the delusional Wilder stans and Wilder own delusional self belief, U diminish Wilder's career. He is a legend and should be in the international boxing hall of fame for his accomplishments.

But that is besides the point. Ur guy Femi and his team were being ridiculous during negotiations with Wilder in late 2018 and in 2019. Why did it take for Wilder to fight Fury for AJ's team to be fair in negotiation and mmgive some concessions to set up a match up with the WBC heavyweight champion and the unified heavyweight champ at the time? seriously?

Wilder blew the mega fight back then cause of his ego and the disrespect from AJ's team.

Nothing is gonna change that fact to me.

This fight didn't excite me in 2023 like it would ve in 2019. They both robbed the fans. But AJ started it :lolbron:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
However, my problem with u is that based on the combination of ur status as a boxing purist with Wilder's lack of technical skill with some of the delusional Wilder stans and Wilder own delusional self belief, U diminish Wilder's career. He is a legend and should be in the international boxing hall of fame for his accomplishments.

But that is besides the point. Ur guy Femi and his team were being ridiculous during negotiations with Wilder in late 2018 and in 2019. Why did it take for Wilder to fight Fury for AJ's team to be fair in negotiation and mmgive some concessions to set up a match up with the WBC heavyweight champion and the unified heavyweight champ at the time? seriously?

Wilder blew the mega fight back then cause of his ego and the disrespect from AJ's team.

Nothing is gonna change that fact to me.

This fight didn't excite me in 2023 like it would ve in 2019. They both robbed the fans. But AJ started it :lolbron:
i hear you my eagles brethren but i look at wilder in the bigger picture of the heavyweight champions..he has all these knockouts but only 2 fighters he has beaten on his resume that were champions..the last one coming in 2015....in contrast we have someone like oliver mccall...man has 6-7 champions hes beaten including 2 hall of famers but no one says he should be in the hall of fame...wilder sure as hell overachieved in a way given his background but not overachieved into the realm of hall of fame and ATG Heavies.

but deviating by turning down the offer in 2018 def led to the brutal losses though :youngsabo:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
i hear you my eagles brethren but i look at wilder in the bigger picture of the heavyweight champions..he has all these knockouts but only 2 fighters he has beaten on his resume that were champions..the last one coming in 2015....in contrast we have someone like oliver mccall...man has 6-7 champions hes beaten including 2 hall of famers but no one says he should be in the hall of fame...wilder sure as hell overachieved in a way given his background but not overachieved into the realm of hall of fame and ATG Heavies.

but deviating by turning down the offer in 2018 def led to the brutal losses though :youngsabo:
Who do you think suffers more damage in wilder, joshua fight? They both have fatal weaknesses. but joshua is more well rounded. However the fact that he at times dont move his head would have made him target practice for wilde :francis: