Lord forgive me I fell off heavy and I’m focused on being back on.

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
It’s like the demotivational poster says on my wall, ‘Hard work pays off over time, but laziness pays off now.’ Had a good routine working out at home for a while, but laziness slowly crept in and took over. Now it’s fighting the mental barriers and excuses. I have 3 kids, so it’s difficult to do it when I’m home. Feel too lazy and tired to wake up early in the morning. Back when I was getting it in I used to get in nice workouts at home between 6-8 pm. Plenty of HIIT, calisthenics and cardio via my treadmill or elliptical. If I could wake up at 5:30 am that could work, but it’s that morning mental roadblock. I need help brehs, right now it’s the mental block. Need to develop that consistency again.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
It’s like the demotivational poster says on my wall, ‘Hard work pays off over time, but laziness pays off now.’ Had a good routine working out at home for a while, but laziness slowly crept in and took over. Now it’s fighting the mental barriers and excuses. I have 3 kids, so it’s difficult to do it when I’m home. Feel too lazy and tired to wake up early in the morning. Back when I was getting it in I used to get in nice workouts at home between 6-8 pm. Plenty of HIIT, calisthenics and cardio via my treadmill or elliptical. If I could wake up at 5:30 am that could work, but it’s that morning mental roadblock. I need help brehs, right now it’s the mental block. Need to develop that consistency again.

Not sure what brehs on a message board are gonna do to help you remove a mental block in your mind. :mjtf:

Calisthenics really ain't shyt, and most of that cardio was a waste of time for influencing body composition. I bet if we tried to pull workout logs, they'd be nonexistent.

You either want it or you don't and even though you realize that you've "fallen off heavy", you still don't actually want it. You're literally too lazy to wake up early and go to the gym, or else stay up late and go then once the kids are in for the night. If the kids ain't little, take em with you to the gym. Either way, you don't want it enough to actually commit to making a change.

I was a skinny motherfukk my entire life until one day I said 'fukk this shyt' and started lifting weights until I became a gym gawd. I wanted to not be scrawny but not enough to make a change, I had to be pushed over the edge. A punk-ass supervisor at work provided that momentum. :mjgrin:

When you're actually ready: Get off your ass, show some restraint in the kitchen and at the bar/happy hour, and get on an actual beginner/novice program that involves heavy lifting.

-- Tails
Screenshot-2023-01-07-220412-removebg-preview-20-removebg-preview.png

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Like @Son Goku said, you won't be successful until fitness is more important than the excuses you make for yourself. The only thing holding you back is yourself. If you can only work out in the morning, you have to be willing to make that sacrifice. I've worked out early, during lunch breaks, and late nights. If you really want it you will find a way that works for you. No offense but the fact that you have equipment at home makes the excuses even worst. I understand kids can make it difficult to find time to work out but kids would give me more reason to do so :yeshrug:

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
Not sure what brehs on a message board are gonna do to help you remove a mental block in your mind. :mjtf:

Calisthenics really ain't shyt, and most of that cardio was a waste of time for influencing body composition. I bet if we tried to pull workout logs, they'd be nonexistent.

You either want it or you don't and even though you realize that you've "fallen off heavy", you still don't actually want it. You're literally too lazy to wake up early and go to the gym, or else stay up late and go then once the kids are in for the night. If the kids ain't little, take em with you to the gym. Either way, you don't want it enough to actually commit to making a change.

I was a skinny motherfukk my entire life until one day I said 'fukk this shyt' and started lifting weights until I became a gym gawd. I wanted to not be scrawny but not enough to make a change, I had to be pushed over the edge. A punk-ass supervisor at work provided that momentum. :mjgrin:

When you're actually ready: Get off your ass, show some restraint in the kitchen and at the bar/happy hour, and get on an actual beginner/novice program that involves heavy lifting.

-- Tails
Screenshot-2023-01-07-220412-removebg-preview-20-removebg-preview.png

I find that admitting the problem out loud is good way to mentally address things. Whether you agree with that or consider, what workout regimen is good enough for you truthfully is irrelevant to me. I do appreciate your opinion and thank you very much I will not be sharing any workout logs with you, and good luck with your workout regimen. No further comments from you needed.

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
Like @Son Goku said, you won't be successful until fitness is more important than the excuses you make for yourself. The only thing holding you back is yourself. If you can only work out in the morning, you have to be willing to make that sacrifice. I've worked out early, during lunch breaks, and late nights. If you really want it you will find a way that works for you. No offense but the fact that you have equipment at home makes the excuses even worst. I understand kids can make it difficult to find time to work out but kids would give me more reason to do so :yeshrug:

I completely agree and your advice makes the most sense in this thread. Thanks I needed to hear that, I just allowed mental roadblocks and silly excuses to railroad me. Sad thing is working out and feeling the pain makes me feel great for the accomplishment but not working out makes me sad and depressed and fuels the lack of motivation. I’m admitting the problem because I want to push through.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
I completely agree and your advice makes the most sense in this thread. Thanks I needed to hear that, I just allowed mental roadblocks and silly excuses to railroad me. Sad thing is working out and feeling the pain makes me feel great for the accomplishment but not working out makes me sad and depressed and fuels the lack of motivation. I’m admitting the problem because I want to push through.
The bolded is why I work out. While I do love the physical gains, the mental relief it provides far outweighs them for me. Lifting brings me peace. That's why I say its a life long journey for me. Don't think about, just go and do it. Even if it's just some pushups, just get your body moving again. And just build on that until you find yourself back to a routine. Good luck on fitness journey :salute:

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
The bolded is why I work out. While I do love the physical gains, the mental relief it provides far outweighs them for me. Lifting brings me peace. That's why I say its a life long journey for me. Don't think about, just go and do it. Even if it's just some pushups, just get your body moving again. And just build on that until you find yourself back to a routine. Good luck on fitness journey :salute:

I tell you what, I just got in a great workout just now and I feel great. Woke up this morning with positive affirmations and fought that negative voice and anxiety and pushed through. One day at a time but today I won.

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
Try to workout 7 days a week, worst comes to worst you'll get 3-4 days in, but probably more. I am basically used to doing something everyday. My friend has 3 kids, he took the same approach and does not like missing days. He will get to the gym before or after his kid's day starts/ends.

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
Try to workout 7 days a week, worst comes to worst you'll get 3-4 days in, but probably more. I am basically used to doing something everyday. My friend has 3 kids, he took the same approach and does not like missing days. He will get to the gym before or after his kid's day starts/ends.

Great advice. No days off. These words is real motivation. Very much looking forward to getting it in today.

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
Step 1. Set alarm to 5:30
Step 2: get up at 5:30
Step 3: Profit

Set my alarm to 5:00 this morning and got it in good. Felt great today. Since I made this thread there hasn’t been a week that I haven’t gotten it in but It’s been a daily thing battling that voice in my head. For whatever reason that voice won this weekend. bytch trying to kill me man. Started with a drink on Friday instead of the workout and continued to that feeling of not wanting to do anything Saturday and by Sunday that voice was winning and had me feeling negative. It was ready to take over this whole week but I fought against it and set the alarm. Won the battle today and I feel good about it.

MuzzyP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Carolina
Set my alarm to 5:00 this morning and got it in good. Felt great today. Since I made this thread there hasn’t been a week that I haven’t gotten it in but It’s been a daily thing battling that voice in my head. For whatever reason that voice won this weekend. bytch trying to kill me man. Started with a drink on Friday instead of the workout and continued to that feeling of not wanting to do anything Saturday and by Sunday that voice was winning and had me feeling negative. It was ready to take over this whole week but I fought against it and set the alarm. Won the battle today and I feel good about it.
Always coming back is the key. It's why I love 3 days a week. Very easy to stick to that schedule with no excuses. Keep it up breh.

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
just a quick update, still going strong. This week has been one of the best ones I had thus far. No days off and that negative voice keeps getting quieter. Had a few mornings where I woke up tired but I stick with that mantra, ‘an hour of pain followed by a day of peace, or an hour more of sleep followed by a day of pain.’

I feel good right now and truthfully no sooner than I’m done with my last workout I’m looking forward to the next one. Day at a time tho. Life always has a way of throwing obstacles but I’ve been pushing through lately and pretty proud of myself for that.