Lord forgive me I fell off heavy and I’m focused on being back on.

MuzzyP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Carolina
just a quick update, still going strong. This week has been one of the best ones I had thus far. No days off and that negative voice keeps getting quieter. Had a few mornings where I woke up tired but I stick with that mantra, ‘an hour of pain followed by a day of peace, or an hour more of sleep followed by a day of pain.’

I feel good right now and truthfully no sooner than I’m done with my last workout I’m looking forward to the next one. Day at a time tho. Life always has a way of throwing obstacles but I’ve been pushing through lately and pretty proud of myself for that.
That's what I'm talking about!

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
just a quick update, still going strong. This week has been one of the best ones I had thus far. No days off and that negative voice keeps getting quieter. Had a few mornings where I woke up tired but I stick with that mantra, ‘an hour of pain followed by a day of peace, or an hour more of sleep followed by a day of pain.’

I feel good right now and truthfully no sooner than I’m done with my last workout I’m looking forward to the next one. Day at a time tho. Life always has a way of throwing obstacles but I’ve been pushing through lately and pretty proud of myself for that.
:salute:

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
Just finished up another solid workout and another full week of getting it in. That negative voice in my head been real quiet lately. It’s been replaced by the routine. When that alarm clock goes off in the morning it’s like “time to make the donuts”:lift:

One thing I am concerned about is I got a work conference coming up in a few weeks and I’ll be away from home and the routine. Makes me nervous because I feel like a break in the routine is gonna mess my head up and I risk falling off again. How do y’all handle it? Whether it’s vacation or work trips. In my mind I’m saying I’m gonna get up and workout in the gym hotel, but I’m a person that needs familiarity when I do things. Right now I just don’t know.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Just finished up another solid workout and another full week of getting it in. That negative voice in my head been real quiet lately. It’s been replaced by the routine. When that alarm clock goes off in the morning it’s like “time to make the donuts”:lift:

One thing I am concerned about is I got a work conference coming up in a few weeks and I’ll be away from home and the routine. Makes me nervous because I feel like a break in the routine is gonna mess my head up and I risk falling off again. How do y’all handle it? Whether it’s vacation or work trips. In my mind I’m saying I’m gonna get up and workout in the gym hotel, but I’m a person that needs familiarity when I do things. Right now I just don’t know.
For both I make sure I’m getting some activity but I’m not going to stress if I don’t train on trips.

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
For both I make sure I’m getting some activity but I’m not going to stress if I don’t train on trips.

You know I just realized that it has been 2 months since I made that first post. The key to life truly is patience and consistency. So simple yet at times so difficult. When I made the first post I was overwhelmed with negativity and the voice telling me not to work out. Now the other voice has taken over and worries about missing workouts.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
How do y’all handle it? Whether it’s vacation or work trips. In my mind I’m saying I’m gonna get up and workout in the gym hotel, but I’m a person that needs familiarity when I do things. Right now I just don’t know.

I’m like you, too. I like the familiarity of my gym and routine because it eliminates decision fatigue.

When I’m on the road for work, I just try to get in some sort of activity at the hotel gym. They may not have a full bench, but will often have dumbbells, so I use that as an alternative.

Main thing is getting in some sort of activity. Try not to miss more than twice is something I’ve also been incorporating as well. Life happens so maybe Mon and Tue you can’t get it in, but Wed you gotta do something.

Need some healthy grace but still need to keep at it

Last edited:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I just started back 2-3 weeks ago.

All I can say is, thank God for the decade plus I went to the gym 4-5 days a week. I went from 2020 - early 2024 without working out. But my body sustained I think bc I had built such a base for so long.

I started getting cramps in my biceps and pecs in recent months and it's like my body was saying, "why are we not exercising anymore". Haven't gotten those since I started back.

Never got fat, in fact i lost 10lbs or so. I'm about 188lbs now when I was at 195 when I was going.

I'm already seeing gains after 2-3 weeks to where ppl at work notice me getting bigger.

I was off a few days last week. I busted my butt in the gym during the days and then did some YouTube kettle bell amd push up workouts in the evenings. Gonna try to keep it going.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I just started back 2-3 weeks ago.

All I can say is, thank God for the decade plus I went to the gym 4-5 days a week. I went from 2020 - early 2024 without working out. But my body sustained I think bc I had built such a base for so long.

I started getting cramps in my biceps and pecs in recent months and it's like my body was saying, "why are we not exercising anymore". Haven't gotten those since I started back.

Never got fat, in fact i lost 10lbs or so. I'm about 188lbs now when I was at 195 when I was going.

I'm already seeing gains after 2-3 weeks to where ppl at work notice me getting bigger.

I was off a few days last week. I busted my butt in the gym during the days and then did some YouTube kettle bell amd push up workouts in the evenings. Gonna try to keep it going.
Share these tactics

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Share these tactics
Well foremost, my arms get big quick. Always been that way. In fact, I don't even have bicep days bc whatever upper body exercise I do period, my biceps grow. But obviously the rest has to match proportionally.

So it's really everything else regarding the upper body, like I said, I went hard at the gym on my days off, then at night on the floor in my house doing kettle bell workouts and pushups til fail. Fix my protein drink mixed with some frozen fruit, peanut butter and honey (sometime chia seeds for extra protein) and creatine mixed in.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Well foremost, my arms get big quick. Always been that way. In fact, I don't even have bicep days bc whatever upper body exercise I do period, my biceps grow. But obviously the rest has to match proportionally.

So it's really everything else regarding the upper body, like I said, I went hard at the gym on my days off, then at night on the floor in my house doing kettle bell workouts and pushups til fail. Fix my protein drink mixed with some frozen fruit, peanut butter and honey (sometime chia seeds for extra protein) and creatine mixed in.
2-3 weeks brother you are a genetics freak

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
2-3 weeks brother you are a genetics freak
Maybe but I don't feel like it breh, it's very discouraging in the gym now seeing a plethora of dudes are who clearly using extra stuff.

I don't remember it being like that 4-5 yrs ago.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Maybe but I don't feel like it breh, it's very discouraging in the gym now seeing a plethora of dudes are who clearly using extra stuff.

I don't remember it being like that 4-5 yrs ago.
Breh your arms grew in 2-3 weeks. Do you know how much muscle you will add in 6 months?!

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Breh your arms grew in 2-3 weeks. Do you know how much muscle you will add in 6 months?!
Like I said, my arms have grown fast since I was 18. It's everything else I have to work hard at. I don't want to wear a polo and have nice biceps but a bird chest lol. So I work extra hard on chest.

Also, for pushups, I started using a steel folding chair (like wrestling chairs) to do my incline/decline at home. Put your feet on the chair, hands on the floor. Then reverse it l, then do a set of 10 regular pushups.

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
All about the small victories..
Since I restarted this journey I have gotten back into the routine of waking up early for workouts. Not always easy, especially days like today when that voice in my head is fighting it.

*alarm goes off*

“cmon breh we tired right now. just turn off the alarm and go back to sleep. Ain’t nobody gonna be mad. You went hard the past two days”

*gets up*

“Listen man let’s cut the workout short then. No cardio this morning. That way you finish early and can get a nap in before work”

*hits the treadmill*

“Cmon breh let’s just finish the cardio early. Don’t your heel hurt? You sound winded”

*goes harder on treadmill*

“alright you did your thing on the treadmill. Let’s skip the weight training then. You already got a good sweat going.”

*goes harder on weight training*

Not today.

That voice was loud today but my body was on autopilot. I don’t feel victorious. I just felt like this is what I had to do. One day at a time and I won that battle today.