Lost Media Thread

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
Lost media is an umbrella term for media that no longer exists, is missing, or is no longer available to the general public

Notable Favorites Of Mine
JoJo Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood OVA (2007) (~30 Minutes of footage exists, no vocals)

Nas’ ft. Puff Daddy’s Hate Me Now (OG Cut had footage of Puffy also on the cross. Premiered on MTV and when Diddy found out, he beat up Hype Williams)

2001: A Space Odyssey (Lost scenes that Kubrick threw in the garbage, completely lost forever)

Super Bowl ll Full Broadcast (Recreation of game with highlight tape clips and radio calls)

Lighthearted thread on how bad we’ve been with archival. This thread isn’t for shyt that should STAY lost or for conspiracy theories :whoa:
Share some pieces of media you vividly remember watching, or reading, or that’s vanished :king:

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
There is definitely potential and real estate opportunities in here:ohhh:

I’m saying bruh. Ion know if it got posted at a bad time or I posted this in the wrong subforum, but I’m down to hear about any lost media y’all know of.

Especially the early digital era, where artists posted songs only on blog sites/MySpace that are totally lost.

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
Why didn’t you actually describe the lost scenes then?

according to the LMW:

Some shots from the "Dawn of Man" sequence were removed, and a new scene was inserted where an ape pauses with the bone it is about to use as a tool. The new scene was a low-angle shot of the monolith, done in order to portray and clarify the connection between the man-ape using the tool and the monolith.

Some shots of Frank Poole jogging in the centrifuge were removed.

An entire sequence of several shots in which Dave Bowman searches for the replacement antenna part in storage was removed.

A scene where HAL severs radio communication between the "Discovery" and Poole's pod before killing him was removed. This scene explains a line that stayed in the film in which Bowman addresses HAL on the subject.

Some shots of Poole's space walk before he is killed were removed.

read that Warner Bros found the footage, but the public most likely won’t ever see it