Low key, how did Public Enemy get a pass in ECW?

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I only saw them in WCW from 97 on, and WCW used them correctly. They could beat bums but were never portrayed as special. ECW 90% of the time hyped mediocre wrestlers as special though

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
Public Enemy was ECW's Craig Mack. They needed something with some sort of legs despite the well known names and hasbeens. So it was them being the frontrunners of putting ECW on the map, along with Dreamer and em.

While they were pretty much shyt in the ring, the fact remains that they actually took what made the Nasty Boys legit and made it a hot song. Dudes forever that they laid the blueprint for the Dudleys.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
I only saw them in WCW from 97 on, and WCW used them correctly. They could beat bums but were never portrayed as special. ECW 90% of the time hyped mediocre wrestlers as special though

I had only seen them in WCW/WWF as well, which is why it never really clicked with me

But nah man, If you come across some free time and feel a wrestling itch, start ECW hardcore tv and work your way up from Janurary 95. These guys were on a crazy run…

Sidenote - I also never knew how much of a role Benoit and Malenko had in ECW. Always thought they wrestled a few matches and moved to WCW immediately. Those two were on a complete tear in ECW as the crippler and the shooter. They were running through the roster like the bloodline. Post match ass beatings and all.

Last edited:

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
I had only seen them in WCW/WWF as well, which is why it never really clicked with me

But nah man, If you come across some free time and feel a wrestling itch, start ECW hardcore tv and work your way up from Janurary 95. These guys were on a crazy run…

Sidenote - I also never knew how much of a role Benoit and Malenko had in ECW. Always thought they wrestled a few matches and moved to WCW immediately. Those two were on a complete tear in ECW as the crippler and the shooter. They were running through the roster like the bloodline

Yeah, Dean and Benoit were supposed to be Shane's original Triple Threat members, but Eric called the phones. Such a shame because Dean and Benoit were complete demons in ECW. Especially Benoit (which I'm not surprise lol), dude capitalize off of breaking Sabu's neck and wore that shyt like a badge of honor.

Sometimes, I wonder if Owen Hart got the "I just broke your neck" angle from the Benoit/Sabu incident.

Gangstas/Public Enemy feud was whew :wow:

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Yeah, Dean and Benoit were supposed to be Shane's original Triple Threat members, but Eric called the phones. Such a shame because Dean and Benoit were complete demons in ECW. Especially Benoit (which I'm not surprise lol), dude capitalize off of breaking Sabu's neck and wore that shyt like a badge of honor.

Sometimes, I wonder if Owen Hart got the "I just broke your neck" angle from the Benoit/Sabu incident.

Gangstas/Public Enemy feud was whew :wow:

Man, they were straight DEMONS. Dean was always boring to me with that ice man persona but in ECW as the shooter my boy was on some real Fredo in the cut type shyt. Him and Chris brought a legit shoot fight feel

I just got to the Gangstas/PE feud. Last episode I watched ended with Public Enemy being spooked after running into “TPE T.O.S.” tagged on the side of a building. New Jack out here moving like the crips

:gladbron: