Lowkey, is it time to admit that OBJECTIVELY, Piccolo is the GOAT DBZ character?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Before I get started, there's a difference between favorite and best.

For example, Krillin has always my personal favorite character, but I can still recognize that objectively, Piccolo >>
Cats are divided on Krillin. He gets the :camby: from some fans because of his borderline simping in the Cell saga and relative weakness compared to the heavy hitters. I'm sure most of us can also agree that Gohan became a lame after he grew up. :flabbynsick:

A lot of you are gonna come in and say Vegeta is OBJECTIVELY the best, but again, fans are divided on him. We'll be debating Goku vs Vegeta until the end of time. But Piccolo? He's the ONE character that EVERY DBZ STAN is down with on some level, no matter your favorite is, even if there's other characters you like more. Piccolo got some of the best character development, some of the best fights, and some of the best overall moments in the series.

8923c2c9d1257e13b9736c9b07b955f66c2fc360_hq.gif

0IxcTe.gif

6e58ef6a97474d18cb448c9028eeca2a.gif

thPiccoloVsFrieza-1.gif

ZRgZY_.gif

Regardless of who your favorite is, if Piccolo's not in your top 3 DBZ characters, you're wildin.

Discuss
CIhSiPs.png

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I stopped when I read krillin

You can clown on Krillin, but at least he's actually down to ride for the planet and help out to the best of his abilities even though he knows the villains are hundreds of times stronger than he is. Wifed the coldest woman in the series too. I always respected Krillin and Tien for knowing they had no chance and still riding for the planet and getting their shots in.

Vegeta always had a bad habit of acting hard around opponents he already knew he could beat (or people he thought he could beat), but the second he realized he was outclassed he went into perma- :merchant: mode and immediately panicked. Piccolo is weaker, but you won't see him losing his cool like that. :jawalrus:

Notice that 3rd video and how shook Vegeta gets around the 1:50 mark. Dude immediately goes from :bryan: to :sadcam: when Cell tells him he can regenerate :mjlol:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Well, what I'll say is out of all the main characters, Piccolo gives you the least reason to hate him.

Goku is an overpowered idiot, Vegeta is a whining crybaby, Gohan is lame and won't train, Krillin is a simp, Goten/Trunks are annoying, etc. But there's really nothing to dislike about Piccolo.

Personally Krillin is my favorite character though. #earthlingset

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well, what I'll say is out of all the main characters, Piccolo gives you the least reason to hate him.

Goku is an overpowered idiot, Vegeta is a whining crybaby, Gohan is lame and won't train, Krillin is a simp, Goten/Trunks are annoying, etc. But there's really nothing to dislike about Piccolo.

Couldn't have said it better myself (and Krillin's my favorite too). :salute:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Well, he survived almost every major encounter after Nappa, and he was even in more fights than Goku in DBZ.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps

#facts

CACarot

Where is Princess Fajita
Daps
Reppin
SSJ God SSJ at -3000
Nah.

He becomes severely lapped in power and useless towards the end of cell saga. He been tricked into raising another nikka seed. Pikkon came through and stole his shine. His hometown got the Krypton treatment. His ultimate move the special beam cannon takes so long to prepare a slug could dodge it.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Piccolo was always my favorite dbz character, even though I can acknowledge that after the Namek saga he was no longer one of the top guns.

Which in a way sucks/is weird right? The saga that features his home planet marks the downfall of his characters viability.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
How? He was raising another mans kid. Objectively speaking the GOAT character is either Trunks or Goten. But Trunks is Vegeta's seed so that is an L in itself. The only way Trunks could become the goat is if his father was goku. And luckily that can happen for 30 minutes

latest

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, Piccolo doesn't have the heart. He's too straight forward and thinks too logically. He should of went to New Namek to learn about his kinfolk and then return like Brock did in Pokémon.

Piccolo would be the first to throw in the towel if things looked dire. I can't co-sign that mentality.

As a character Piccolo is just a glorified groupie framing Goku accomplishments.

His character development went backwards. He was the most interesting during the raditz saga and has been more and more closed off since then.

I'd put Vegeta, Gohan, and Bulma in my top 3 when it comes to impact, character development, and all around likability.