Ludacris' music has aged terribly and it's high time we acknowledge it

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
It's been 16 (:wow:) long years since Ludacris debuted, and we were all captivated by this animated, over the top newcomer from Champaign, Illinois Atlanta, Georgia, but has his music truly stood the test of time? Let's see:

First single out the gate, our man is kicking sex raps to let you know he's not just any old cartoon character, he's rated TV-14 :leon:.

Let's see what else the debut album has to offer:

In case any of our young listeners out there didn't know what to classify some of these scandalous women of the night, our hero Luda gives them a quick course and let's them know, some of us men can be just as bad! :ohhh:

Luda also gives our young listeners a lesson in repetition which let's us know he's twice as nice than the rest!

But this is only the first album. In a career spanning almost 2 decades, surely Luda has had time to grow as an artist...right? :lupe:

:comeon:

Second album:

Multi-millions later, dude said he may as well embrace the character while the money is rolling in.

Since we're keeping the "fantasy" going, let's talk about all the imaginary hoes I don't have across the country with another sex-tinged single.

At this point, the only thing memorable about this song is the hook. MAYBE Mystikals verse too.

The clown cipher can't be complete without the obligatory weed song! Light up that sticky icky icky kids! :myman:

Rest of the album isn't really worth mentioning. Consider them the filler episodes of The Ludacris Show.

But we've got to see some improvement for the third season...right? :hamster:

:childplease:

You don't even have to hit play to see how ridiculous this man has become. Take a look at the cover:
61D0pf8gKvL.jpg

Word Of Mouf was corny enough but this? :snoop: Anyway, onto the music:

The album kicks off with a bragging song I can actually rock to, if just for the shots at Bill O'Reilly. Then things go downhill as soon as the next track comes on...which is unfortunately the first single.

Our looney protagonist is hitting the clubs...again, only this time, he actually manages to outdo himself with outlandish claims: a midget hanging from your necklace? :why: I'm not even gonna comment on the foolishness in the video.:snoop:

Next up? Luda WITH YET ANOTHER sex-tinged single:

Things are truly stagnant in the writing department at the Chris Bridges studios because these new episodes are starting to feel like reruns. OHHHHH! :krs: nikka, NOOOOO! :camby:

But its not all repetition, peep Luda giving his best Chino XL impression over an Erick Sermon beat better suited for the man Ludacris is desperately trying to be:

Towards the end of the season, we've got Luda reminding the kids its not always fun and games in the Ludaverse, and to do so, he enlists the nefarious DTP gang to help back him up!

Golly gee willickers guys, I hope I never have to encounter triggers that go "SQUEEZE ME SQUEEZE ME!" :sadcam:

:fohch:

Believe it or not, things actually get worse for the fourth season. :snoop:

I actually have to step outside on the ongoing joke in this thread for the one. Look at this shyt. The man is beyond a caricature at this point. From the song to the video, there is no self awareness whatsoever. A parody of a parody. This is just sad. Shout out to Lisa Raye and Esther Baxter though.

Look at this nonsense. I don't even have to speak on this dumb shyt.

ANOTHER sex single...albums sold all around the world, same song. fukk this shyt. :timmyimout:

Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled programming. We've hit season 5 of The Ludacris Show, and something has got to give at this point. Fortunately for us, out protagonist has come to the same realization and actually decides to switch it up a bit! :ooh::gladbron::banderas:He even cut off his trademark braids for emphasis. :wow: Unfortunately, hope is lost once we find out that he's only gone from a weekday cartoon to an after school special.

Three little girls are only X years old and want to find out why the world is so cold. :mjcry: To do this, they attempt to run away from their broken homes, and they might NEVER come back, but will they find the answers they seek? :jbhmm: Find out on the next episode of A Very Special Ludacris Show!

Other episodes include: the importance of raising a family

The consequences of a crime

How to deal with bullying

And even the pitfalls of having your own daytime cartoon show

That's right folks, it took 5 seasons but it seems our man Ludacris has finally started to grow up and tackle the more serious issues our viewers face everyday. Unfortunately, this was the season where ratings and viewers began to drop off. In a vain attempt to regain fans, Luda has actually regressed and decides to slip on the clown outfit again for future releases. I'd give you more of an in depth look, but the less said about them...

the better. :scust:

This man should not be included with other southern legends. He simply doesn't compare. He doesn't put you right in the middle of a story and/or evoke emotions like Scarface, he doesn't get you hype to the point you feel like throwing away all common sense and decency while ruining property values like Three Six Mafia, he doesn't give you the inspiration to go out and hustle, legally or illegally like Jeezy, he doesn't represent as well as UGK, he doesn't even paint fictional scenarios as well as Ross can. He's nothing more than a cartoon character ass rapper, taking the worst parts of the latter half of Redman's prime without being nearly as dope, that has a penchant for sex raps. He just so happened to come out at the right time and had a run that admittedly most rappers nowadays would kill for.

But as far as any of that run being memorable? Hell no. :trash:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Aged Horribly that word is about as bad as when nigaas say "Go Outside" but everybody outside on they phones anyway.:stopitslime:

Or when muthafukkas say nobody plays X,Y,Z, like they did a survey of what nikkas listen too:stopitslime:
My dude, you've never revisited something and been like "how the hell did I like this back in the day?" Not even restricting this to music, never ever?

That's exactly how I feel when I hear these joints now. He's almost as bad as Em in that regard.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Luda isn't praised or lauded nearly enough for this thread to be warranted...I wasn't really a fan and resented the whole "southern rapper for rap smarks that don't really like or know shyt bout southern rap" thing he had going for him at one point...but he was a product of the times, don't really feel it's necessary or even fair to retroactively shyt on him now

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Luda isn't praised or lauded nearly enough for this thread to be warranted...I wasn't really a fan and resented the whole "southern rapper for rap smarks that don't really like or know shyt bout southern rap" thing he had going for him at one point...but he was a product of the times, don't really feel it's necessary or even fair to retroactively shyt on him now
If you wonder why I did it

This thread prompted me to go back and listen to the man again because i forgot how dope he was back then. Thanks breh! :salute:some of that sounds wayyyyyy better than the trash out now
There you go :francis: