Lunella Lafayette is the smartest person in the Marvel Universe...

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
#BlackExcellence :blessed:

The Smartest Person In Marvel Universe Is A Black Girl

Marvel Universe Has A New Wiz Kid And She’s A Black Girl
Entertainment
Donette Lowe | July 27, 2016 - 1:33 pm
EMAIL
TWEET
REDDIT
luna.jpg

CREDIT: Amy Reeder/Natacha Bustos/Brandon Montclare/Tamra Bonvillain/Marvel
Today in #blackgirlmagic news, Lunella Lafayette was introduced at the San Diego Comic Con as the smartest person in Marvel Universe.

READ Lupita Nyong’o Is Reportedly In Talks To Join Cast Of ‘Black Panther’

Moon Girl, as she has been aptly named, is 9 years old, black, and from Manhattan, NY. She wears large purple specs and rocks two Afro puffs. Lunella will be featured in theMoon Girl and Devil Dinosaur comics with guest appearances from some of Marvel’s vets like The Hulk, The Thing, and The X-Men. The announcement was backed up on Twitter by one of the writers, Amy Reed.

View image on Twitter
CoKMdvRXEAE-VDE.jpg

Follow
Amy Reeder @amyreeder

Just announced: Moon Girl, smartest person in the Marvel Universe?!

5:10 PM - 24 Jul 2016 · Manhattan, NY, United States

Those who follow Marvel comics know just how big this is, the smartest person in the universe is a real title within the community and Lunella is here to take over. Mark Paniccia, one of Marvel’s senior editors told Buzzfeed that this argument has been going on for ages.

READ Marvel Reveals 15 Year Old Black Girl Will Serve As New Iron Man

“There’s always been a healthy debate about which super-genius is the smartest. Is it Tony Stark? Reed Richards? Victor Von Doom? Hank Pym? Amadeus Cho? The answer is gonna shock the Marvel Universe when it’s revealed to be 9-year-old Inhuman Lunella Lafayette,” said Paniccia.

According to Reed’s Twitter, Issue 9 of Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur are out today. If there was ever a time to get into comic books, it’s now.

Flex, Lunella!

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where the feats at? I need feats.

Richards and Doom done some wicked shyt.

hell yeah. theyre gonna have to execute some next-level shyt to make it justifiably stick. but it's an interesting sell and the character has been portrayed fairly well so far. not as well as miles and ms. marvel. but she has potential.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:patrice:
I'm all for #blackexcellence but this along with the BP shyt and Iron Man has me...I don't know. They trying too hard with this shyt.

if the story works, i'm with it. if not, fukk it. if they completely botch it and show no sensitivity towards the characters, the people, myself included, will let them know. but imo marvel, currently, has earned some faith with how they handle minority characters. way more faith than DC, that's for damn sure.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
if the story works, i'm with it. if not, fukk it. if they completely botch it and show no sensitivity towards the characters, the people, myself included, will let them know. but imo marvel, currently, has earned some faith with how they handle minority characters. way more faith than DC, that's for damn sure.

true. i dont think marvel pulled a ryan choi on a character yet.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:patrice:
I'm all for #blackexcellence but this along with the BP shyt and Iron Man has me...I don't know. They trying too hard with this shyt.

I'm feeling kinda :patrice: about this too... I'm all for black people shining, but something tells me that they're just looking to further distance themselves from anything Fantastic Four related beccause of the movie rights. Maybe it's just the conspiracy theorist in me.